Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

a question for you joggers and runners out there.
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

l'm in the market for a new pair of running shoes, something under $100 a pair would be what l'm looking for, what can you recommend, my current pair, need retiring.
thank you in advance.

619 201 0310
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Good topic, I run too. My student recommended the "New Balance Women's Fresh Foam 1080 V10 Running Shoe". Here is a link for the same shoe in a men's for $104. which is about what I just paid for mine today. Thanks for reminding me to buy them as Amazon availability for my size changes from day to day therefore I just found my size.

https://www.runningwarehouse.com/New_Balance_Fresh_Foam_1080_v10/descpage-N108M04.html

markswagen wrote:
l'm in the market for a new pair of running shoes, something under $100 a pair would be what l'm looking for, what can you recommend, my current pair, need retiring.
thank you in advance.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
*Darren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

What are you wearing now? How big are you? What terrain do you run? How frequent? How far? My suggestions A buy the current model (they change every year which sucks) of what you have. B find out (go to a running store) what type of shoe you need (stability, motion control) and get recommendations. Even then you really won't now about the shoe until you've run in it a handful of times. you can also search on line for best X 2021 as most running mags have reviewed various shoes.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Find a running specific store near you and talk to them. What works for me might not work for you. Besides the basic size there's things like arch, heal and side support that matter.

You'd be amazed the variation out there and what a "correct" fitting shoe feels like after a run.

https://milestonerunning.com/

https://milestonerunning.com/pages/the-fitting-process

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Running barefoot is good for the feet if you can find somewhere like the beach etc

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

I buy Asics used on Ebay, you would be surprised at how many pairs of slightly used shoes you can get for 100.00. Us VW dudes cheapness is legendary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

I ran for 25 years. Always wore Asics Gel Kayano. Looks like they are right at your price point.

https://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Gel-Kayano-Running-Pi...8082317205
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I've been buying nike lately. I play basket ball, lacrosse, and tennis. In lacrosse you wear cleets obviously so that part isn't very helpful. In basket ball you want a light shoe with lots of "roll" support since your not just moving in one forward direction. But for running I've had good luck by choosing the lightest thinnest shoe I can find at the stores that doesn't allow the sides of my feet to push on the walls of the shoe over the tread. Adidas fits that bill very well.

Also, if your an older dude and unfit or obese, your gonna want something conformable. I don't have an issue with a thin soulless shoe because I'm fit and used to it. Again, this is gonna be something you really need to consider.

Running can be pretty harsh on the back, which again stresses why you need to find a shoe that supports you well.

If your just jogging then you'll probably be find with a heavier thicker shoe. But I'd still find a slim design so your feet don't drag when your tired.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Ive had 2 pairs of useless nikis....
I used to take my youngest daughter to the runningstore around her birthday and she and they would try on the shews and get what seemed to be best.they onky had highend stuff it wasent cheep.and every year they changed the look so you could never really get the same thing. that was ok and she got to find other brans that fit her better every year. perhaps when she gets home from kosovo next month for vacation Ill take her down there again.
on another note I took my wife there to get some shews.... she put them on and went for a run around the indoor track...WTF??? Shocked I hollared at her..WTF are you doing?? shr replied Im runnimng& walking to see how they work.... well try walking like a human does, like you do.Shocked not like a wonkey donkey. or else you wont get the right shew.... the lady there was laughing her ass off, oh that happens all the time, but your right she has to walk&run as normal as she can... it took a few min to get my wife back to normal.... it was almost like she was posessed by a wonkey donkey. as for me....I go through about 9 pairs of shews a year... that kind of pricing aint for me.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Mark Tucker. I can talk shoes with the best of them. As a matter of fact Nike invited me to their campus to talk about shoes back in the day. I could probably steer Mark in the right direction for a proper brand and style of shoes to meet his needs. At least some shoes to try. Shoes are very subjective. We all have different needs. The OP hasn’t followed up so neither will I.

If Markswagon wants to contact me by PM. Cool. The Samba is no place to talk EVA, pronation, supination, toe box, last, midsole and running style.

I’m a bit concerned Markswagon hasn’t responded to his thread yet.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

I’ll send him a pm to jog his memory. Hopefully that will keep this thread on track. Could be the longest ….. thread here.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: a question for you joggers and runners out there. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I’ll send him a pm to jog his memory. Hopefully that will keep this thread on track. Could be the longest ….. tread here.

Fixed that for you.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: