Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
Rome wrote:
Coming soon to BaT:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Very Happy

Here we go! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-14/

Hey Roland, is that the car I got to drive?

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:

...and the Dash '58. Dash Pad from mid January '59 Laughing

Sorry John, this is a '58 dash with the nice sweeping ornate detailed ends.

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
theghiagirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

67 Florida Deluxe wrote:
I'd love to see detailed pics of the inside front fender wells and headlight buckets, and rear inner fenders on the yellow car. I got them on the red car upon request and I'd love to see what the yellow car looks like in the critical areas, too. But I've given it a lot of thought and I'm sitting out of any more '60+ KG auctions. I'm just going to enjoy the amazing car I already have! But I am curious to keep up on other KGs out there.

I believe all you have to do is request pictures of those specific areas to the seller and they'll usually post them directly to their auction...pretty simple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
It is a stunner

Yes, very nice indeed. But only judging by the photos, I'd say that the car you just bought is the better of the two.
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)

Last edited by rcooled on Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Trylon wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
Dave's '59 should do very well: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-coupe-4/

...a December '58 Ghia is a '58 for me but I won't labour the argument. Wink

’58 Karmann Ghia Fever?

Indeed. The argument that I didn't want to revive is, unlike other VW models the Karmann Ghia never had model years until around 1964. Changes in specifications were drip fed throughout the year and not accumulated to be introduced as a new specification in August each year. So it can be argued a December 1958 Karmann Ghia is a '58.

Sorry to digress so is this why my may of 60 ghia has some 59 stuff and then some 60 and beyond stuff?
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Hi, Max! The '67 Ghia is not my car; it's from my good VW friend Bill S in central CT. Mine, from our mid '00's drive that started in Ypsilanti, Michigan is the Pearl white '64 with the brown top.
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Ahh. It's been a while and I couldn't remember.

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

VeloMikey wrote:
John Moxon wrote:

...and the Dash '58. Dash Pad from mid January '59 Laughing

Sorry John, this is a '58 dash with the nice sweeping ornate detailed ends.

Well this has been discussed at l e n g t h before and all sorts of differences have been used to prove both opinions...I'm too old to go through it all again. Laughing
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Someone just placed a $35k bid on the 67 yellow convertible which shows that no one in their right mind thinks they are going to get a Ghia vert in that shape for less than $45k.
All you old Ghia freaks remember back in the 90s when these were less than $10k cars and a handful of people predicted “one day car nuts will catch on?”

Exactly!
I knew Dustins 67 (now mine unbelievably) from seeing it advertised on Oldbug. I was in love with it then but I have never been a "collector". I really considered this car a possibility.
I guess I started digesting my own advice about the price trajectory on nice KG's
It just seemed that if I was going to jump I better do it now because they will never get any cheaper.
I really see it as an investment which I would have not imagined a Karmann Ghia to be.

So pleased you got it and and you got your wife to pay for it. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
kingkarmann wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Someone just placed a $35k bid on the 67 yellow convertible which shows that no one in their right mind thinks they are going to get a Ghia vert in that shape for less than $45k.
All you old Ghia freaks remember back in the 90s when these were less than $10k cars and a handful of people predicted “one day car nuts will catch on?”

Exactly!
I knew Dustins 67 (now mine unbelievably) from seeing it advertised on Oldbug. I was in love with it then but I have never been a "collector". I really considered this car a possibility.
I guess I started digesting my own advice about the price trajectory on nice KG's
It just seemed that if I was going to jump I better do it now because they will never get any cheaper.
I really see it as an investment which I would have not imagined a Karmann Ghia to be.

and as a bonus she gets to remind me for the rest of my days Laughing

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Trylon wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
Dave's '59 should do very well: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-coupe-4/

’58 Karmann Ghia Fever?

You should have bought one in a similar state. You could have added metalworking to your rapidly expanding skillsets Smile

Mike Gerson

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
kingkarmann wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

Exactly!

and as a bonus she gets to remind me for the rest of my days Laughing

Congrats on the buy, that’s a beautiful car. Post some drive shots when you get it.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Trylon wrote:
John Moxon wrote:

’58 Karmann Ghia Fever?

You should have bought one in a similar state. You could have added metalworking to your rapidly expanding skillsets Smile

Nobody wants to see that catastrophe … or, wait, maybe they do?
1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
ghiamanjc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

I dropped by Dave's house the other day to check out the 58/59 on BAT. Wow... What a car. He's done a fabulous job. I can't imagine a better lowlight is out there. He took his time - over 8yrs - and did every bolt/stich/knob the right way. I really hope he gets $40k+. Lovely car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

This one is interesting for what is offered. You can even see the cobwebs on the exhaust in the auction pics. Some say the 69 was the best year. I don't know. But, here is your chance and it is not BAT. Coming up Aug 21
http://dirksoulisauctions.com/Cat/L41621-a-one-owner-1969-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible
Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
theghiagirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
This one is interesting for what is offered. You can even see the cobwebs on the exhaust in the auction pics. Some say the 69 was the best year. I don't know. But, here is your chance and it is not BAT. Coming up Aug 21
http://dirksoulisauctions.com/Cat/L41621-a-one-owner-1969-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible

The auto-stick factor will most likely turn quite a few potential bidders away. The auction house should include some pictures of the underside.

My favorite part of the write-up:
Please be aware that this lot is too large to ship by conventional carrier such as UPS, USPS or FedEx and will instead require local pick-up, delivery by a freight carrier or delivery by a blanket-wrap shipper. The cost most likely will not be low.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

On the '69, nice to see perfectly adjusted bumpers- possibly still from factory, with the blades level/parallel with the ground and not pointing up/down. Also to see the original top's color. Seems that with just a weekend's worth of hard work for cleaning/polishing the paint and waxing, engine degreasing and a good scrubbing of the interior; the car would look a lot better.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

obus wrote:
cool people own ghias i guess
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-coupe-4/

The low-light seems stuck. Not too many comments either Confused
This was a "Phoenix" (from the ashes) resurrection IMO. Some finishing details (interior) might have been done better but I thought this would generate more buzz.

Mike Gerson

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
obus wrote:

This was a "Phoenix" (from the ashes) resurrection IMO. Some finishing details (interior) might have been done better but I thought this would generate more buzz.

Maybe people looking for a Ghia prejudge them and have decided a Lowlight would be out of their price range so are not drawn into a bidding war they feel they're unlikely to win. Confused
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
obus wrote:

Low lights have been rare on BAT. I think this car will take off at the end. But will it be enough to make a sale??

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Page 32 of 112

Jump to: