Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

06 Convertible top help please
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidmagic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: 06 Convertible top help please Reply with quote

Hey all, just bought an 06 Beetle from a neighbor. The top worked when they got it but he was working on the car in the garage and putting the top down it hung up on his garage door and before he realized what was happening it forced it's was past the garage door. It went down and he finished working on the car. It took him a week to make all the repairs (all not top related) and when he was done he drove the car out and put the top up no problem. Later that week his daughter was leaving school and went to put the top down and it wouldn't work. He was thinking it was a limit switch or something but they never messed with it and just operated the top manually.
Today I started working on it and I've exposed the pass side motor and everything seems in place but what do I know. The driver side motor makes noise when you push the button but nothing happens on the pass. side.

Kinda long winded but I wanted to give all the info I knew. Anything you can tell me or that would help in repairing this?

Thanks for any help.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 06 Convertible top help please Reply with quote

Umm, use it manually & leave it the f#%* alone.

The more you raise & lower that top, the more you cause wear & tear on it. The first thing to let go is usually that f*%#ing glued in rear window.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: