Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California Fires
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

As long as it isn’t Orange County.

Amen to that, brother.

There is a 13 year gap (2008 to 2021) in posts on this topic. At age 70, my memory isn't what it used to be. Embarassed Did California have any fires during that period? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

Shane Tuttle wrote:
Quote:
And all these fires are in NorCal. Santa Ana winds have nothing to do with them. Even the current fire here in SoCal near Rialto is not being spread as a result of Santa Anas. Just another shitty fire year in CA.

Thanks for not reading my post correctly. I know where all the fires are, the nature of the fires, and whom it's affecting. NOWHERE did I say the Santa Anna winds had ANYTHING to do with the current fires in the NORTH. I'm talking about later this year when the Santa Anna winds kick up and affect SOUTHERN California.

I read your post perfectly fine. And the winds here are known as "Santa Ana" winds, since you want correctness...
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
I read your post perfectly fine. And the winds here are known as "Santa Ana" winds, since you want correctness...

I grew up hearing about the "santana winds " (devil winds) since I lived far from Santa Ana Canyon. Opinions vary as to the correct term. Most local news sources call them "Santa Ana winds".
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

I grew up hearing about the "santana winds " (devil winds) since I lived far from Santa Ana Canyon. Opinions vary as to the correct term. Most local news sources call them "Santa Ana winds".

Those were a couple of players in Carlos' band.....

Say katabatic wind if you want to be one of the cool kids. Otherwise, the controversy between the canyon or Devil workship rages on.
Shane Tuttle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

Quote:

You, sir, engaged me first in trying to correct what I said. You, again, failed to read my posts correctly. If you did, you would have understood what I said the first time and not respond like a pedantic jackhole. I see your state is ranked 40th in grade school education. Is that why you don't have the ability to comprehend your own error in attempting to correct my first statement? I mean, you waited 8 DAYS to respond. Did you spend that time trying to figure out a way to twist the context of my statement again to try to vindicate yourself, only being able to point out a grammatical error?

No need to respond. My questions are purely rhetorical. I can pick out people that refuse to admit their own wrongdoing and have better things to do than dealing with them....like, putting out wildfires.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

Since this seems to be broken on many keyboards, this PSA is to provide a solution

“Sorry, I misunderstood your post and thus posted out of line.”

Now one can cut and paste that as needed.

You are welcome
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

Lots of these areas affected as a result of California fires...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: California Fires Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
Lots of these areas affected as a result of California fires...

It looks like water is exiting through the tailgate. Perhaps debris broke the windshield. Body parts and drive train would still be salvageable.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: