Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cypress Green (L62K) paint source
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legacy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Getting to the point of planning to repaint my wife's 69 KG. Plan is to repaint it in the original color (Cypress Green, code L62K).

Am hoping someone can recommend a source for the paint including any known cross reference codes to PPG, Dupont, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Legacy wrote:
Getting to the point of planning to repaint my wife's 69 KG. Plan is to repaint it in the original color (Cypress Green, code L62K).

Am hoping someone can recommend a source for the paint including any known cross reference codes to PPG, Dupont, etc.

TCP Global has a lot of the original paint formulas for modern paints. I’ve had very good luck with them.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Legacy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Legacy wrote:

TCP Global has a lot of the original paint formulas for modern paints. I’ve had very good luck with them.

Thanks, will check them out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Glasurit have an online tool from where you can get the paint formula. Its a bit clunky to use but with the Glasurit formula you can get the equivalent from most other paint suppliers.

https://color-online.glasurit.com

Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Believe it or not....Sherwin Williams (automotive) paint stores have most all of the old formulas...if you are near one.
Legacy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Believe it or not....Sherwin Williams (automotive) paint stores have most all of the old formulas...if you are near one.

There is a Sherwin Williams auto paint store about 35 miles from my home. Will have to check with them when they open later today.

Thanks for the info
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Legacy wrote:
wheel607 wrote:

There is a Sherwin Williams auto paint store about 35 miles from my home. Will have to check with them when they open later today.

Thanks for the info

I’d do some research first on the quality of the paint before I used it. It matters a lot.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

NCS, National Coatings and Supplies, has original VW formulas
https://www.ncsssi.com/portfolio-items/automotive-coatings/

The shop painting my car, which mainly does air cooled Porsche restorations, uses NCS as their paint supply. You can get original formulas mixed for every quality level of both single stage and base/clear paint

We just did a test spray of L390 Gulf Blue. Was trying to decide between Gulf Blue or L360 Sea Blue
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Legacy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Cypress Green (L62K) paint source Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Legacy wrote:
wheel607 wrote:

Thanks for the info

I’d do some research first on the quality of the paint before I used it. It matters a lot.

Good point. Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: