Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need wiper motor part # and year clarification
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koeppler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

I'm looking for a wiper motor for a 1970 bus. I'm finding 2 part numbers in the classifieds and in the shops. They are

211 955 113 E

and

211 955 113 H

Some people are selling the "E" part as 68-72, as 68 only, as 69 only and same for the "H" part. Other guys sell wiper assemblies for 68-79.

All these people can't be right! And the late buses have that plastic wiring plug.

So what wiper motor is for what year and what are the differences? What's interchangeable?
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

Call Ken at thebusco

[email protected]

He will help you
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70Crew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have never seen this in the parts manual, but what I THINK it says is that the E version came only on ‘68 buses but the H version fits all years. Regardless, your ‘70 would have come with the H version.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

That is correct. I have a number of known good units if you need one. PM for details
Dogo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

Could anyone tell me the difference between the E and K since they both seem to start at the same engine #? TIA
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

From what I read there I think it means the K version is radio suppressed, likely for military vehicles.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Need wiper motor part # and year clarification Reply with quote

also late bay, I think 1973 or 1974 -1979 is 211 955 113 Q

the late ones have a socket on them instead of having individual wires to connect.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: