Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DannyZ
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
vdubnut_mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I bought an Early type 3 radio mount from Danny, great communication (I was asking if he had one already "cut" for a modern single DIN), shipped fast and arrived packaged perfectly and for less $$ than all of the others (some in worse condition). I am super surprised to see any negative feedback about him, great seller, would buy again.

Ignore the haters Danny. :fist:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NorCalWeekender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Bought a license plate frame from him recently and everything went very smoothly. Great guy to work with.

"Eventually, we sold to a guy for $500 who towed it away to live in it in his parents' driveway. We didn't think it would ever avoid the junk heap on that day." -The 3rd Owner, 1995
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
20bugsys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I'd love to support this guy with all the praise he gets, but he demands paypal payments sent to friends and family. Therefore there is no protection for the buyer.

I sent him extra money to cover the fees. He refunded it and told me to go elsewhere...which I will happily do.
1986 | Vanagon Syncro | Restoration to bone stock
@myescapepod
@crusty_syncro
timjames722
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Got a manual for my 66 bus - quick shipping. Thanks.

What's the point in callin shots? This cue ain't straight in line.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
breadloafdeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Thanks for the wiper blades !
David K.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Bought what was advertised as 82 van belts.

Received 84 belts, filthy. Couldn't even wipe them off?

Missing plug

Asked for tracking if they shipped, no response.

Then His response today, "like the title says 82"
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Surprised !
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Further inspection the belts don’t even retract. He just responds “send them back” Never admits fault or apologizes.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

In all fairness to Danny, those belts are probably no different than your 82 belts.

I think you find if you get them in the correct orientation that they will pull out. They are designed to be mounted at a certain angle and they have a cam that locks up if not in the correct orientation. Mount em up and see what they do.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

20bugsys wrote:
I'd love to support this guy with all the praise he gets, but he demands paypal payments sent to friends and family. Therefore there is no protection for the buyer.

I sent him extra money to cover the fees. He refunded it and told me to go elsewhere...which I will happily do.

As of 1-1-2022, the amount has changed...If you use Paypal, Venmo, or something like that a lot (and Danny does) the amount you can make before the IRS gets involved, has gone from $20k per year, to SIX HUNDRED. I am doing the same thing, Friends and family is okay, goods and services will be taxed. I paid money and got taxed on the part, and now, if I sell it, I get taxed again...I thought double taxation was a no-no..

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
20bugsys wrote:

As of 1-1-2022, the amount has changed...If you use Paypal, Venmo, or something like that a lot (and Danny does) the amount you can make before the IRS gets involved, has gone from $20k per year, to SIX HUNDRED. I am doing the same thing, Friends and family is okay, goods and services will be taxed. I paid money and got taxed on the part, and now, if I sell it, I get taxed again...I thought double taxation was a no-no..

I always thought about that, when buying a new car you pay the taxes on the car then if you sell it the new owner pays taxes on that same car and if they sell it ect....
That same car can be taxed 5x over.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
20bugsys wrote:

Worse yet, what if you are selling the part at a loss? IRS will assume it’s income, but like at a garage sale, it can also be a loss and you are just trying to recoup some of that money.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Ok, we are getting off the topic of this user's feedback.
There is discussion about the Paypal/tax reporting changes here, let's use this thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728357
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

No response. Seems he’s just ignoring me and hoping I go away.
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

He writes to say he found the right parts. I say I’ll ship back the wrong ones Monday. He writes back and says wait he’s still looking. Then he has an “emergency”. Then he said he has the right parts again but got hurt and can’t do anything. It really feels like he’s full of it and I got scammed.
Mateo83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

This guy is a nightnare. Posted more items for sale today. So I sent the wrong parts back to him on my dime and asked for a refund. He says now he’s going to refuse them.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

Mateo83 wrote:
This guy is a nightnare. Posted more items for sale today. So I sent the wrong parts back to him on my dime and asked for a refund. He says now he’s going to refuse them.

you can still file a paypal claim if you paid friends and family. just submit proof of the transaction and any screenshots/email's you have. it's a bit more of a process, but you can still win.

also if you pay with friends and family but use a CC with buyer protection you can get your money bounced back to your account that way too.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
DannyZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

This guy is stubborn. I told him I would look for the right parts and told him I got hurt, broke a rib and that it would take a while to find the right part. It was a simple mistake This guy is perfect and never makes mistakes. If he wasn’t so rude and talking shit when emailing me I would have refunded his money right away. Money refunded
IXLR8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

I bought a NOS set of locking lug nuts from Danny. They are perfect, the price was right, and they arrived quickly.

I hope that buyers realize that Danny is a person, not a big business. He doesn’t have a full time customer service department. I have bought many items over the years from Samba advertisers. Danny is in the top tier as a seller.

Joe
Stock Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DannyZ - [email protected] - Danny Zepeda Reply with quote

IXLR8 wrote:
...I hope that buyers realize that Danny is a person, not a big business. He doesn’t have a full time customer service department...

I would agree. We're all just doing the best we can (as "civilian" Samba sellers)--we are not Amazon.
-----
Ich Bin Ein Facebooker: https://www.facebook.com/steve.fromsaac
-----
Join VVWCA: http://www.vvwca.com/
-----
Your source for old school metal tire valve caps: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416217
-----
Thanks Veterans
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Page 30 of 34

Jump to: