Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone display their car show trophies?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

I have them displayed in the garage. I don't display them all, that would be garish Embarassed

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^ Looks great^^^^^^^
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

my walls are covered with pegs&parts,shelvs&parts. no room for tropphys. they must be in boxes somehwere.
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

I'm to busy driving my bugs to collect trophies Laughing

Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
I'm to busy driving my bugs to collect trophies Laughing

/\/\/\/\/\ My favorite white tow vehicle /\/\/\/\/\/\. And my favorite place to take pictures.

I got lots of trophies from shows and racing ....... somewhere.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

Plaques and wall hanging trophies are all on a garage wall, it is GARISH, but being a cheap, white trash, kind of guy, it works for me. Dancing Dancing Dancing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

IMO, trophies, plaques, ribbions, etc. Are for posers, " hey dude dont touch my car", that pay to get their car into an event, while the general public is FREE!
Give me a cruise, I'll pay to cruise an event, Riverside Show n Shine for ex.
I havent any use for useless items, hell Im trying to get rid of useless stuff.
Thats my answer..

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

I kept one or two first place ones, like Litchfield. The rest went in the bin when I moved.

Hey Glenn, please tell me you still have the CTS one. Glenn rode with me to the NC show one year and since there were no kombi bays at the show, Glenn was awarded "Best Bay Passenger"

Very Happy

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Hey Glenn, please tell me you still have the CTS one. Glenn rode with me to the NC show one year and since there were no kombi bays at the show, Glenn was awarded "Best Bay Passenger"

Very Happy

Sure do...

Maybe its my friendly smile that got me the award Wink

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

I have a few plaques tacked up in the stairwell of my Garage, not a real big display area... Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

Our son gets a kick out of taking Emily to our local 4th of July car show in town. I have to laugh as she's won her class (age class so it's not just VW) twice... this is for a not quite daily driver with no bells and whistles (I had just gotten done telling him not to get his hopes up when they were handing out trophies, and he won Rolling Eyes ).

The funniest one was her first "win" at a car show in Tri-Cities, WA - we just drove her over to see what was what, the guy at the gate convinced us to enter it, sat the bus next to a very tricked out bus, and she ended up placing 2nd in class (unwashed with a basket of laundry sitting in it, clean thank heavens)... we thought maybe we should actually give her a bath if someone entered her again in the future. Very Happy

Oh right, trophies...are sitting on the stairs to the basement because apparently that's as far as they got, anywhere Think

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
Our son gets a kick out of taking Emily to our local 4th of July car show in town. I have to laugh as she's won her class (age class so it's not just VW) twice... this is for a not quite daily driver with no bells and whistles (I had just gotten done telling him not to get his hopes up when they were handing out trophies, and he won Rolling Eyes ).

The funniest one was her first "win" at a car show in Tri-Cities, WA - we just drove her over to see what was what, the guy at the gate convinced us to enter it, sat the bus next to a very tricked out bus, and she ended up placing 2nd in class (unwashed with a basket of laundry sitting in it, clean thank heavens)... we thought maybe we should actually give her a bath if someone entered her again in the future. Very Happy

Oh right, trophies...are sitting on the stairs to the basement because apparently that's as far as they got, anywhere Think

That’s awesome. My buddy in his crusty 78 champanya won a trophy at that event in Canby. It’s not a town you’d think would appreciate a bus. Apparently they do.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:

That’s awesome. My buddy in his crusty 78 champanya won a trophy at that event in Canby. It’s not a town you’d think would appreciate a bus. Apparently they do.

If he was at the last one, I think we actually had 4-5 buses representing different years (their classes go by year - not sure how they do the other car shows in town, I haven't gone to them yet).

Kinda cool that we can beat some fairly fluffed up cars based on cute alone since in my case, she's by no means a trailer queen with a few bumps and bruises evident from her 46 years of existence... Wink I was sorta bummed I didn't win the Kiwanis car raffle, it was an Eldorado convertible Cool

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

I have won a few awards over the years, this is the last one I received in 2015. They gave it to my 63 DD/Walk thru panel.

my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

I typically pay to enter so I can park in the show and don't waste the judges time.
Small local show I forgot to check the don't judge box and got best in show...and the next year as the only bus there got a repeat best in show which I found hilarious.
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone display their car show trophies? Reply with quote

Not show. Go.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: