Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtis4085
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so interested in finding this Bobbie guy. I would pay a boat load for a NOS one of these. Lets reproduce this pressure relief valve. If anyone has leads on a NOS 022-115-303A drop me a PM please.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

I am looking for one as well

Just a regular guy
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

otiswesty wrote:
I am looking for one as well

the new breathers are pretty rare these days. I sold my spare. You might look at the links in this post I made the other day. The diaphragm looks close to the same as the one on the right. AircooledChris made a suggestion to buy as many used ones as you can find. About 50% will still be good.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SGKent wrote:
I just stumbled across this on Amazon. Knowing manufacturers, this might fit if anyone wants to compare it to the stock diaphragm.

https://www.amazon.com/Ensun-Diaphragm-Repair-Memb...T92M12H36R

also https://www.amazon.com/Diaphragm-Repair-Membrane-R...amp;sr=8-4

IF YOU HAVE A CAR on file with Amazon it won't let you see it so clear your browser cache and try again.

jmstu76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

Any chance GEEBEE might reproduce these? I realize he mostly works in silicone but could he make a simple diaphragm to help out our habit?

'76 Deluxe Sage Green Westy
2258 cc GD case 78mm CW crank, 2.0 H-beam rods 5,325” 22mm pin, JE forged pistons with 15cc dish, JE rings, type 11 clearanced oil pump, CB Eagle 2205 Type-2 “Torque Special” hydraulic cam with matched lifters fed by CB Dual Weber 40 IDF MX with 6” foam air filters, currently 55 idle, 130 main, 200 air correction, 32 mm venturis. 27in General Grabber AT2 All Terrains, Berg Shifter, stock '76 exhaust HPC Ceramic Coated. 11/18/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

I am considering trying this one out.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-uro-parts/pressure-con...K4QAvD_BwE

Just a regular guy
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

otiswesty wrote:

that one will work but you will need an adapter made if you want it in the stock position. You can either find an grommet that will fit the metal breather box, or make a plate with a hole in it for a grommet, or run a hose into the base and the outlet to the S-boot
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

I have that part, I just replaced it on my 2004 Passat. I still have the old one, I'll see if I can hack it to fit.

Anyone have a good "glue" for, what I'm assuming is, ABS, that is readily available at local stores?
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

ivwshane wrote:
I have that part, I just replaced it on my 2004 Passat. I still have the old one, I'll see if I can hack it to fit.

Anyone have a good "glue" for, what I'm assuming is, ABS, that is readily available at local stores?

the diaphragm in the bus one and the late one like the photo aren't the same size.
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
ivwshane wrote:

the diaphragm in the bus one and the late one like the photo aren't the same size.

I wasn't thinking of swapping diaphragms but instead using the new part and modifying it to fit the breather box.

That is unless you are saying that the new crankcase breather valve, even if it were to fit, wouldn't function similar to the original one.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

ivwshane wrote:
SGKent wrote:
ivwshane wrote:

I wasn't thinking of swapping diaphragms but instead using the new part and modifying it to fit the breather box.

That is unless you are saying that the new crankcase breather valve, even if it were to fit, wouldn't function similar to the original one.

the last generation of T4 air cooled engines used a valve like that. It went into a hole in the tower according to the fiche. It should work the same.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
With new laws coming on smog and a push for higher mileage, my guess is that the US Gov't will try to push every old car off the road that they can - except for maybe parades etc.

They look for the big smog producers, in the big areas, and in the big cities.

There are no smog tests for motorcycles, lawnmowers, etc. You think they are going to go after a little VW? You are in California. That's the problem. The folks there have tried to convince you the way it is there is the way it is everywhere.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

I am in need of a PCV valve as well. I cant drive my bus now, because of it. I need a fix, if anyone has something that has worked for them. Has anyone tried using a breather from a 914 and using that style PCV valve?

Please help, I’m getting desperate! I may end up with carbs!
Richard J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

I am in need of a PCV valve as well. I cant drive my bus now, because of it. I need a fix, if anyone has something that has worked for them. Has anyone tried using a breather from a 914 and using that style PCV valve?

airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

Richard J wrote:

Hi Richard, and welcome! Don't jump the shark just yet; carbs aren't without their own problems. Smile

You can make a "restrictor" for the breather hose that will act as an interim metering valve until you find a good breather. I used one of these LEGO bricks on an old T4 engine for a bit before Aeromech helped me out with a good valve.

Some years of 914 engines used a combo breather/oil cap. I think those can be bolted to a bus breather box if you can make the right gasket/o-ring combo. Make double sure you get the oil cap tight enough on those, otherwise they'll be a vacuum leak.

Good luck,
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

Quote:
I cant drive my bus now, because of it.

It should still drive without a good valve unless you have a vacuum leak somewhere like a valve cover or oil cap leaking etc..
gkalexdc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
otiswesty wrote:

that one will work but you will need an adapter made if you want it in the stock position. You can either find an grommet that will fit the metal breather box, or make a plate with a hole in it for a grommet, or run a hose into the base and the outlet to the S-boot

I did just what you said SG KENT. I ordered 06A-129-101-F from Amazon from URO parts. I got the PERFECT grommets at True Value and the brand is GB and the iD is 19mm and the OD is 1". The GB model number is GHG-1575
The pictures tell the tale, it works perfect on the bus. Also, I only paid like $14 for the O6A-129-101-F part. It worked so well, I ordered 5 more spare valves, so that when THESE URO valves go extinct, maybe I will have one. !!
Thanks for all/ and everybody's effort on this endeavor. I am a follower, not a leader, and all of you that helped me understand this dilemma, and have the technical knowledge surely got this problem on the way to being solved.
Dr GK ALEXANDER
Houston
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

that is great. There are only so many solutions, and that one is the easiest where FI is involved. NOS valves of the original style are at this point made of 'no-longer-availabletanium.' I've seen a couple folks 3-d print a copy of the original diaphragm, but the top of the original valves were seam welded on so they don't always come apart cleanly enough to replace the diaphragm. Your solution is as good as it gets. It is even getting hard to find a bad worn out original style one to attempt to fix.
D52E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

gkalexdc wrote:

I did just what you said SG KENT. I ordered 06A-129-101-F from Amazon from URO parts. I got the PERFECT grommets at True Value and the brand is GB and the iD is 19mm and the OD is 1". The GB model number is GHG-1575
The pictures tell the tale, it works perfect on the bus. Also, I only paid like $14 for the O6A-129-101-F part. It worked so well, I ordered 5 more spare valves, so that when THESE URO valves go extinct, maybe I will have one. !!
Thanks for all/ and everybody's effort on this endeavor. I am a follower, not a leader, and all of you that helped me understand this dilemma, and have the technical knowledge surely got this problem on the way to being solved.
Dr GK ALEXANDER
Houston

I think you may have to confirm the valve orientation. It’s possible you have it backwards. I did the same configuration and the crankcase pressure got so high it puked oil out of the dipstick tube. I ended up flipping it around.

Manual transmission
GM 105A Alternator
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

D52E wrote:
...I think you may have to confirm the valve orientation. It’s possible you have it backwards. I did the same configuration and the crankcase pressure got so high it puked oil out of the dipstick tube. I ended up flipping it around....

cu and cv type 4 vanagon

D52E
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Need help help finding a NOS part. Reply with quote

Please let us know how it works out. It’s possible I was mistaken in my orientation.
Manual transmission
GM 105A Alternator
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: