Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

These carbs. are taking a very long time to be set-up and completed. Ordered early May, told they ain't shipping til mid-July (maybe).
Starting to re-think this.
I certainly hope they are worth the wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

A stock 1600cc could handle 40 IDFs . . . That is always my first choice!
mcdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking about a Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Bug53 wrote:
Brian_e wrote:
Kadron idle jets are the same as stock solex idles, and the mains are the same as large Mikuni motorcycle jets. The Mikuni jets are smaller size jumps, and they seem to be cheaper also.

Maybe they have more motorcycle shops over there.

Brian

Kaddie Shack claims they are changing out jets based on my set-up.
Time will tell.
I'm one week into a 60 day lead time.

Jets take a few minutes to change out, or if you're going bigger they can just be reamed out to the size needed
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Finnaly Got Them!! Kadron setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

OK I get the whole plug and play set-up ready to go.
Has anyone had any issues with the carbs or air cleaner assemblies hitting the tarboard?
Without actually fitting them to the space it looks tight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Can't help you out there as mine were in a Buggy.

Have you received them yet?

Something I forgot to mention earlier is that I would re-use my Kadrons IF they had electric chokes but they don't have chokes of any kind. This makes them pretty annoying to start in cooler weather. Your climate I believe is more moderate than mine. Might not be a big issue.
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Finnaly Got Them!! Kadron setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Bug53 wrote:
OK I get the whole plug and play set-up ready to go.
Has anyone had any issues with the carbs or air cleaner assemblies hitting the tarboard?
Without actually fitting them to the space it looks tight.

I suppose it depends on year. I fit them in my '73 with no trouble at all. As has been mentioned, the base of the air filter housings has the carburetor fitting off centered so you can orient them as needed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

I can vouch for getting a set of K-dogs from Jeff at Kaddie Shack.

Being an owner of multiple sets of OG Italian Webers, I'll always be happy to bag on a set of Kadrons,
but really,
Once i get a set of them all dialed in from Jeff,
I've been really happy with the way they work.

Webers take more futzing, no doubt.
Even when you get them dialed in they plug idle jets and have the linkage creep out of adjustment.
Buying some random set of China copy Webers is NOT going to be the same trouble-free experience as getting a set of pre-dialed K-duds from Jeff.
Even if you luck into a set that doesn't have some type of terminal manufacturing flaw..

Jeff sent me the parts, i installed them, they worked. Easy. 1st try.

I had to dimple the side of my doghouse fan shroud to clear the Kadrons.
YMMV.

Covid threw a bunch of supply issues into our hobby so be patient.

What’s That Noise?!?
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Even when you get them dialed in they plug idle jets

I strongly believe that is a dirty air problem not a carb problem. The screens they sell you as "air filters" for Webers are absolute garbage and will filter out nothing smaller than pea gravel. I am 3 years into running Weber 40's now WITH home made pre-filters and no plugged jets in spite of living on a gravel road.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Clatter wrote:
Even when you get them dialed in they plug idle jets

I strongly believe that is a dirty air problem not a carb problem. The screens they sell you as "air filters" for Webers are absolute garbage and will filter out nothing smaller than pea gravel. I am 3 years into running Weber 40's now WITH home made pre-filters and no plugged jets in spite of living on a gravel road.

Care to share details on your pre-filters?

I'm running genuine K&N filters, greased top n' bottom, in CB cast tops/bases, Outerwears pre-filters, plus Jet Doctors, and i still plug idles now and again.

What's the secret?
Question

What’s That Noise?!?
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Ive had good luck with greased/oiled generic filters with outerwear and foam prefilter.

The only places for debris to enter is fuel or air in most cases. In the past 10 years or so Ive noticed more that the o rings in the rebuild kits start breaking down with the E10 fuel. The last few plugged jets Ive had over the last decade or so were always from 'internal' carb debris. Clean fuel and clean air are no longer the only places to look at. Viton o rings help the situation a lot and have provided the best results.
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Had to cut throttle cable end to attach it to Kaddie Shack's linkage.

Is this common?
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Care to share details on your pre-filters?

I'm running genuine K&N filters, greased top n' bottom, in CB cast tops/bases, Outerwears pre-filters, plus Jet Doctors, and i still plug idles now and again.

What's the secret?
Question

It sounds like you are doing all the right things as far as the air goes. I do not have room for foam pre filters so I don't know how effective they are. My wife sowed me up some pre-filters out of left over diaper flannelette just to try and they seem to work well. The only downside is I need to keep a set in the wash and change them out every 3 weeks or so when we run the Buggy steady. I oil both them and the stock filter elements with that spray oil intended for dirt bikes.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This to me is proof that they are working! If an air cleaner never looks dirty it's because it's not doing anything.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

come on Steve with all your handy fabrication skills I'm suprised you haven't whipped up a fancy central air box for yours already Wink

** warning ** there is no more sweet intake noise, or carb whistle with an intake airbox, but also never have any plugged jets either. d'oh!

Clatter wrote:

What's the secret?
Question

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

https://www.csp-shop.com/en/engine/air-boxes-129-651-100-19931a.html

Twisted Evil

Something about the price i always found discouraging...

What’s That Noise?!?
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:

Twisted Evil

That's some expensive plastic Confused
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

QRP wrote:
Clatter wrote:

Twisted Evil

Do they make it for Kadrons?
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Bug53 wrote:
QRP wrote:
Clatter wrote:

Twisted Evil

No!

CSP quality is worth the $$$. I have some of their parts on my engines.

The fitment is superior. No tweaking, bending, bashing with a hammer to get the parts to fit.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

I would absolutely LOVE to have that setup on my Buggy to get the air cleaners away from the back tires! Yes the price is the reason I don't. By the time they shipped here from England plus the exchange rate and duty they would be worth more than my Buggy!
OTTO 1303
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:

Twisted Evil

WOAH !!!!

Was trying to brainstorm a similar setup, and Lo and Behold, CSP already did it.
SWEET!!!!
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron plug and play setup from Kaddie Shack Reply with quote

Bug53 wrote:
QRP wrote:
Clatter wrote:

Twisted Evil

Adapting it to work with Kadrons would be easy.

What’s That Noise?!?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: