Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Speedwell USA parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Sent a few more emails to Ray with no response. Spoke with Ronnie at Bustoration and he is out of the manifolds too.

I've got a WTB ad up for the Speedwell manifolds now. Hope I can get my hand on a set for an engine I'm putting together with some P-11's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Gave up on buying these, no email contact or contact through his website at all. I bought a set from Steffi G and had them in my hands 6 days after purchasing. Quality is awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Do you have any photos of the Stefi G manifolds? I was considering them as well until I was finally able to land a pair of the Speedwells. I'm curious if they're shorter than the Speedwell. I have Stefi's reproduction OT pulley...he makes very nice products.
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I would encourage you to get good pics before purchasing manifolds from Stefi.g. I purchased a set of his Zenith to Okrasa manifolds a number of years ago. They needed quite a bit of welding and porting to work well.

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I started a new thread for those interested in the manifolds. While I can agree with you on the porting (not welding), we are talking about an engine that will produce 60hp? Maybe a touch more. These manifolds will work just fine.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Ray, among many others, are impossible to get a response from. It makes it really tough to do certain things in this hobby at times.
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

The good news is that I found a store that has many of Ray's parts in stock.

https://www.cagero.com/de/list/Speedwell%20Produkte?m=106

The not so good news is that you'll pay a steep premium.

Naturally, the one thing I wanted to buy (Gmund sump) is out of stock.

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

gimmesomeshelter wrote:
The good news is that I found a store that has many of Ray's parts in stock.

https://www.cagero.com/de/list/Speedwell%20Produkte?m=106

The not so good news is that you'll pay a steep premium.

Naturally, the one thing I wanted to buy (Gmund sump) is out of stock.

Cheers,

Paul

Dang, you weren’t kidding! Those prices are definitely steep!
Pirulero1986
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

https://www.cagero.com/de/prod/Aircooled/K%C3%A4fe...1&n=42

anyone have experience with these filters?
what makes them special more than a vintage mann mushroom filter?
thanks
michele
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Pirulero1986 wrote:
https://www.cagero.com/de/prod/Aircooled/K%C3%A4fe...1&n=42

anyone have experience with these filters?
what makes them special more than a vintage mann mushroom filter?
thanks
michele

looks the same to me, and not so vintage if they have audi on the box

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pirulero1986
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

the one from vintage speed are different from the one in the pics .

maybe they got a velocity stack inside them as claimed.

also under are a little different compared to the one that I have
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

When contacted Ray late last year about his oil sump, he wrote that he would have a new batch this spring. I've emailed him a couple of times this year, but I haven't received a response. Does anyone have any Speedwell info they can share?

https://www.cagero.com/de/prod/Aircooled/K%C3%A4fe...1&n=29

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
lowbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I am still interested in ratio rockers. I have not heard back either.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

gimmesomeshelter wrote:
When contacted Ray late last year about his oil sump, he wrote that he would have a new batch this spring. I've emailed him a couple of times this year, but I haven't received a response. Does anyone have any Speedwell info they can share?

https://www.cagero.com/de/prod/Aircooled/K%C3%A4fe...1&n=29

Cheers,

Paul

He also said the samething about his manifolds that he would have new sets ..ive emailed him also nothing been months ...i Remember some guys saying he only sells to his friends and really don't wanna sell to outsiders ..i don't know if that's true or not but leads me to think maybe they were right..i hope not ...i just don't get if a guys has product to sell sell he needs to hire a worker or workers to take care of your orders/emails or just inform the vw world he's no longer making parts ..folks seem to want his product he needs to fix his system before he's really ain't gonna be liked ...i go by what I see and I see a lot of folks want his product but seems they lost interest in him already a couple of friends of mine dumped his products or don't bother to ask for them ...i have no problem with Ray just wish he got on top of his stuff ...i don't think it's hard to email a person and inform them what he has in stock or not or what he's selling or not ...... but keep emailing him like I have maybe he will see how many times you email him and be like damn and email you back.. just keep those 🤞 crossed .....
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

gimmesomeshelter wrote:
I would encourage you to get good pics before purchasing manifolds from Stefi.g. I purchased a set of his Zenith to Okrasa manifolds a number of years ago. They needed quite a bit of welding and porting to work well.

Cheers,

Paul

I now have a set of his Weber manifolds. They look okay and they bolted right up to the WW Okrasa heads - unlike the WW 32 PBIC manifolds which needed the bolt holes ground out - but I don't have the engine together so I can't say much more about them yet.

Although I'm happy to have a "plan b" (dual 2 BBL Webers) in the works in case I'm not happy with the WW repro 32 PBIC single barrel carbs, if the HVWs Okrasa 36hp build up article is any indication, I believe fabbing the one-off Weber linkage, and not the manifolds, will be where I spend the most time.
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

I am hearing rumors that someone else besides Ray is making Denzel engine parts in Germany or Sweden? any truth to that? I have been scouting for a set of Denzel heads? I keep hearing that someone is making repro's but I never found out. Must not be true??
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Quote:
This page isn’t working www.speedwellusa.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Richard Feynman
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedwell USA parts Reply with quote

Posted today on Instagram. Grab ‘em while you can!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CblUPjRPadM/?utm_medium=share_sheet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: