Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVintageVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes Reply with quote

59 single cab

Out of the blue every time I pull the headlight switch I blow the fuse pictured below. If I pull the wire from the right taillight housing I no longer blow that fuse. If I remove the right tail light bulb, fuse blows.

Double checked wiring at right taillight, and at the headlight switch.

Obviously right taillight does not work but signal does. All other lights functional

Is my problem at the right taillight?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes Reply with quote

Trace that wire, it must be “pinched” somewhere grounding out! Confused
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes Reply with quote

TheVintageVw wrote:
59 single cab

Out of the blue every time I pull the headlight switch I blow the fuse pictured below. If I pull the wire from the right taillight housing I no longer blow that fuse.

Is my problem at the right taillight?

Is you liscense light hooked to that fuse like it should be?

Sounds like an issue with the tail lamp housing. Post a picture of the backside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes Reply with quote

Check your license plate light housing, make sure the wires are correct. Power wire isn't connected to the ground terminal in the holder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TheVintageVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes Reply with quote

johny__utah wrote:
Check your license plate light housing, make sure the wires are correct. Power wire isn't connected to the ground terminal in the holder.

that was it!

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Blowing a fuse, need a second set of eyes Reply with quote

TheVintageVw wrote:
johny__utah wrote:

that was it!

Thanks

Aweome! Glad it was resolved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: