Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rickyk22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

Everytime I feel like a I find a shop I would consider doing some work, it seems like they do some real disappointing stuff. Are there any good machine shops out there?
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

Thank God for this thread.... I was considering using them Shocked
'03 EuroVan Weekender
TomSimon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

Rimco and FAT are businesse(s) in name only, the tool and die shop that also machined VW cases and heads called Rimco is gone. I read FAT shut it's doors, now the name is back, WTF? This thread leads me to believe someone bought the names, and is riding the coat tails of past reputations.

Everyone I know stopped using whatever machine shop is using either/both names a while ago, after having bad experiences, and now go to Brother's Machine in Ontario CA. A guy I crew for just had a new mag case race prepped by Brothers. On schedule, within 10% of the quoted price, did exactly what I asked for, no up-sell, no excuses, no BS. Just like the old Rimco!

The other place I would send people to is Blackline in Blackfoot Utah. Justin and Shayla bought Art Thraen out 10yrs ago, have all the equipment, and know how to use it. They are not only engine builders, but enthusiasts who race at Bonneville.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

TomSimon wrote:
I read FAT shut it's doors, now the name is back, WTF? This thread leads me to believe someone bought the names, and is riding the coat tails of past reputations.

No, Ron and Greg sold the business to Dennis (Rimco). So, you're right in that it's definitely not the same FAT, but he legitimately acquired the name with the intent of continuing the business, with no doors ever closing.
GPRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

Is Rimco still in business? I've been trying to call them for two weeks now. Voicemail is full, zero social media response.
If they do not want work, who else does machining on VW cases?
GPRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: RIMCO VW MACHINE SHOP Reply with quote

Rimco VW wrote:
HELLO FELLOW VW ENTHUSIASTS, RIMCO VW MACHINE SHOP HAS BEEN SERVING THE VW COMMUNITY FOR OVER 40 YEARS , AND HAS NO INTEREST IN STOPING NOW. ALTHOUGH WE HAVE MOVED FROM OUR OLD SANTA ANA BUILDING, INTO THE NEWER SANTA FE SPRINGS BUILDING BACK IN MARCH THIS YEAR. THE NEWER ADDRESS IS 12951 SUNNYSIDE PL. SANTA FE SPRINGS , CA. 90670. THE NEW PHONE NUMBER IS 562-946-3100 OR 1-855-RIMCOVW. WE HAVE FOUND OUT THE DILEMA ON THE WEB-SITE PROBLEM, AND WILL BE FIXED AND UP IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. PEOPLE, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT RIMCO, CALL RIMCO !

I have called numerous times, left messages, tried contacting you through social media with no response. Back in the 80's I used you guys all of the time with great success at Karl's Kustoms in Az. Now, I cannot even get a phone call back. I am saddened to hear all of these negative reviews, but it makes me believe them. Since, you guys have not responded to any of my messages, I did do some investigating on my own. It seems like your quality has diminished since then, and now what I had been hoping to send my case to now I will not. The one way I will send a case is hearing more positive reports on how things have changed. Saying you will is one thing, but actions speak louder to me. Now, I have decided to do the work myself and purchase the tools necessary to do the work here at home. It really hurt to even write this, because of our history back then.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

I've called 3 times asking about lineboring a case. Each time, the Woman that answered the phone told me she would check with the Machinist, and and get back to me. She hasn't. The 4th time I called, she told me to email them to remind them. I did that, and Still haven't heard back from them.

I called Brother's Machine.
Problem solved.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shanered
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Rimco / Fat Performance / Hilldebrandt Machine Reply with quote

I can't believe thes guys are still doing business. I never heard from them after they broke my cylinder head.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: