Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Bus hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 963, 964, 965 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
von_hansel wrote:
well $33k won't get you this bus. the high bidder went to $33.5k right after. Farts.

And here I thought I was going to get this bus for $10k before someone put it on theSamba for the world to see. The days of a bus going under the radar are almost extinct.
Been that way for a long time now. And the bonus here is, anyone that lives nearby and attended this auction, now thinks any rat shit infested rot box bus with a dead dog on the back seat is worth $38K.
Hopefully they noticed that the other split bus went for a mere $4k.

That '58 westy is a monster. Great options with an amazing patina. Big project though.

If the new owner wants to even out the patina, they need to park it facing east for a couple decades. Wink
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Quote:
busted-bolt:There is a very solid strong original paint camper on an online auction that has a lot of factory options like safaris . It is one of the last truly amassing unrestored busses out there.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I think somebody having seen auction before your posting might hate you. Laughing Even if I think this should be a good deal topic discussion, it was interesting following your comments about this nice bus. I hope new owner will make it justice.

Thank you.
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

von_hansel wrote:
well $33k won't get you this bus. the high bidder went to $33.5k right after. Farts.

And here I thought I was going to get this bus for $10k before someone put it on theSamba for the world to see. The days of a bus going under the radar are almost extinct.
Well said , it can be expected with the internet of every thing on every ones cell phones now. So chances are that buses now that turn up on auctions will go directly to the people who will restore them and not to flippers.Its only fair that the original owners of those busses that are being auctioned get the money directly and not the people who just want to make a quick buck. People just have to realize that the days of buying something valuable like a bus for any thing less than what it is actually worth on an auction are probably long gone Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Busted-bolt on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:40 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
von_hansel wrote:

Been that way for a long time now. And the bonus here is, anyone that lives nearby and attended this auction, now thinks any rat shit infested rot box bus with a dead dog on the back seat is worth $38K.
Hopefully they noticed that the other split bus went for a mere $4k.

That '58 westy is a monster. Great options with an amazing patina. Big project though.

If the new owner wants to even out the patina, they need to park it facing east for a couple decades. Wink

A very good point, well taken.
Graysvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Not always the case. I had a friend who was hoping to snag this as his only chance to ever afford a bus like this that would have not been “flipping” it. Also, the person that owned it certainly deserves the big bucks since they cared so much and took such good care of it 😂.

I’ve said for years now the best stuff is still out there, just got to get creative in finding them.

Busted-bolt wrote:
von_hansel wrote:

Well said , it can be expected with the internet of every thing on every ones cell phones now. So chances are that buses now that turn up on auctions will go directly to the people who will restore them and not to flippers.Its only fair that the original owners of those busses that are being auctioned get the money directly and not the people who just want to make a quick buck. People just have to realize that the days of buying something valuable like a bus for any thing less than what it is actually worth on an auction are probably long gone Crying or Very sad

‘67 Mustang Fastback
‘82 Jeep Scrambler
brr42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Graysvws wrote:
Not always the case. I had a friend who was hoping to snag this as his only chance to ever afford a bus like this that would have not been “flipping” it. Also, the person that owned it certainly deserves the big bucks since they cared so much and took such good care of it 😂.

I’ve said for years now the best stuff is still out there, just got to get creative in finding them.

Busted-bolt wrote:
von_hansel wrote:

Well said , it can be expected with the internet of every thing on every ones cell phones now. So chances are that buses now that turn up on auctions will go directly to the people who will restore them and not to flippers.Its only fair that the original owners of those busses that are being auctioned get the money directly and not the people who just want to make a quick buck. People just have to realize that the days of buying something valuable like a bus for any thing less than what it is actually worth on an auction are probably long gone :cry:

I can guarantee the owner of these cars did nothing to protect them. While it is amazing this bus survived as well as it did I am sure the owner had not a clue what he was sitting on. I too had hopes of this coming in under the radar but as soon as I saw it on the Samba I knew game over for me and posted some additional pictures and comments. I felt fortunate to be able to examine it up close and dream. To the rich go the spoils!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Anything that pops up under market on the internet is likely to get bid up auction or not.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Can we not get off topic? Afterall this is a Thread on BUS HUNTING HISTORY!

Recently, I've seen a whole lot of off subjects...TS is changing. Crying or Very sad

Thanks

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:

Recently, I've seen a whole lot of off subjects...TS is changing. Crying or Very sad

Thanks

It is on topic. Unfortunately, most bus hunting isn't happening the traditional way anymore.
Mango2003
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Not today but one year ago from yesterday. I know my dad already posted on this here but I thought I'd share the youtube video.

Link
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Great video! Do you have a resto thread?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

unbelievable !
congrats
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
aa390392 wrote:

Thanks
It is on topic. Unfortunately, most bus hunting isn't happening the traditional way anymore.

I am always interested to see what people are dragging out, no matter how they find it. The hunting has certainly changed since this topic started, but it is all about finding buses. I love to see previously "unknown" buses.

I would suggest that if anyone sees a bus at an auction that they don't post anything about it until the auction ends, as people really don't like their "finds" to get outed. I am referring to the hundred people who thought that they were the only one to find that auction that was easily findable on the internet with a search engine and the words "volkswagen auction".

There is no shortage of people searching the internet all day to find VWs and compete with each other and you to pay more for their cars.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I feel like I was on the road trip, outstanding, (I don't usually like music on videos but this one has made me change my mind. Well done. Please post the link for the build Mango2003.
Mango2003 wrote:
Not today but one year ago from yesterday. I know my dad already posted on this here but I thought I'd share the youtube video.

Link

Well said Lind.
Lind wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
aa390392 wrote:

Thanks

I am always interested to see what people are dragging out, no matter how they find it. The hunting has certainly changed since this topic started, but it is all about finding buses. I love to see previously "unknown" buses.

I would suggest that if anyone sees a bus at an auction that they don't post anything about it until the auction ends, as people really don't like their "finds" to get outed. I am referring to the hundred people who thought that they were the only one to find that auction that was easily findable on the internet with a search engine and the words "volkswagen auction".

There is no shortage of people searching the internet all day to find VWs and compete with each other and you to pay more for their cars.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

I found a new unknown bus two weeks ago and bought it! Early 1957 panel. It’s had the same owner since 1964. He parked it in 1977. It features all (5) of its original wheels, tool kit, hub caps, and scant panel interior. Apparently the bubble taillights were already gone when he bought it in 1964 from the original owner. No word on what happened to the pressed bumpers. The bus is in awesome condition. They are still out there!!!

mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

congratulations. a good year.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Awesome, looks like some nice Dove Blue under that repaint.
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I plan on using my magic sauce on that paint. I’ll make that dove blue look Bitchin!
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow please make a build post on this beauty. Early 57's in dove blue are awesome. I can hardly wait to see your magic on that body. It will look as good as the dash. Congratulations mr White Applause Applause Applause

mr white wrote:
I found a new unknown bus two weeks ago and bought it! Early 1957 panel. It’s had the same owner since 1964. He parked it in 1977. It features all (5) of its original wheels, tool kit, hub caps, and scant panel interior. Apparently the bubble taillights were already gone when he bought it in 1964 from the original owner. No word on what happened to the pressed bumpers. The bus is in awesome condition. They are still out there!!!

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kafer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Bus hunting history... Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
Thanks guys. I plan on using my magic sauce on that paint. I’ll make that dove blue look Bitchin!

What's the magic sauce? I need to remove some green from a pearl white bus.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 963, 964, 965 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
Jump to:
Page 964 of 990

Jump to: