Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My New Manx Clone, What Is It?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
desertwrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: My New Manx Clone, What Is It? Reply with quote

I cannot find any info on it and looked at sites with info about ID'ing buggies with no luck. Looks like an Empi Imp nose, but the rest is different. Notice the headlights don't mount on the fiberglass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/mazdalady/buggy-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/mazdalady/buggy2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/mazdalady/buggy3.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
desertwrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks,
Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
desertwrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question from a newby... what sort of places do the manufacturers place their i.d. tags? I cannot find anything on this buggy.
manxcraig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most never had any, even Meyers didnt number bodies untill about 1968.

Meyers Manx ID plates are on the rear seat riser, just above the frame tunnel between the battery box and the spare tire well.
adriaan pienaar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exactly the same body (with the bulge on the nose) here in South Africa a few years ago, although it was RHD.

I was called a Crestrider, and was manufactured by a company with the same name in the late 70. Their contact details can be found here: http://www.brabys.com/search-InfoKey.asp?region=-1...20CANOPIES

but I have tried to contact them before with no success...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
desertwrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the e-mail address listed and I too had no luck. Looks like they are out of business or have been sold.
The mystery continues.
desertwrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to wander out and look under this buggy today. The frame has no floor pan under the seating area, just the tunnel and the places where the front and rear suspensions hook up. Is this what is considered a monocoque buggy? And... does this give anyone a clue what manufacture it might be?
itwannab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im new to this and dont know if you have tried yet but i thought this site helped me dunebuggyarchives.com and to the left you will see id buggy or something like that and you can find your buggy
desertwrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My New Manx Clone, What Is It? Reply with quote

Found a story in Hot VW’s and it is a Co-Yo-Te made in Vegas.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: