Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus Seat Upholstrey Shortage ??
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Bus Seat Upholstrey Shortage ?? Reply with quote

Anyone know what is up with TMI....?

Been waiting for 16 weeks for a middle seat cover. They can't tell me or JBugs when this item will be available. Who runs a business like this?

Can anyone direct me to another vendor? I want OEM looking TAN covers. Got the front seats 1st. Guess that was a mistake. Would prefer everything to match.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Seat Upholstrey Shortage ?? Reply with quote

TMI has always been a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with imho.

as much as i've shit on them in the past for various quality issues i'm man enough to see things from both sides.

there are a LOT of goofy variations with the middle seat in these and they typically make them on an "as needed" basis.

before the shanghai shivers took over the world it did take me about 1.5-2 months to get some stuff from them.

that said, labor and material shortages are real. they aren't going to bend over for schmucks like us when someone like Kindig needs an interior for a customer.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Seat Upholstrey Shortage ?? Reply with quote

their middle seat cover was delayed even 10 years ago, and when it finally arrived it had melt thru on some of the pleats. They sent a new one and no sooner than it was installed melt thru showed on at least one of the pleats. TMI is an inexpensive solution, and it is a good product for the price. As close to original as possible I think. Be patient, but personally if I were to do it over I would have just done SewFine - but even the owners there have to be close to retirement if they haven't already.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: