Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lenny copp
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 14, 2024
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently ordered all new interior for one of my Ovals from Lenny and Sue and they were on it. Called me a few times just to verify somethings....would order from them again tomorrow if I needed more interior.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shortwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Mr. Copp.
I have no reason to "smear" you or your business. I live 2500 miles from you and I am not in the industry other than as a customer. My first car was a '70 bug purchased in '78. I've always had at least 1 old vw since. I posted my experiences here exactly as they happened. I don't want to get in a PM battle with you, because I've heard how that turns out, so feel free to post your responses here. If you give a crap about serving your customers just do as you've said you will will do and I will happily delete or modify my past feedback post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myvolks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Try this place in Germany for materials they have a lot of original materials.

www.doepper-profile.de/

Let me know if you need some help on contacting them for the material you need.

Regards,

Ram

shortwing wrote:
I need what turns out to be a hard to find color (549 azure V10) for my '60 Dove Blue sunroof bus. After looking everywhere available (local shops and the interwebs) to non industry people, I realized I would not be able to find the material. I followed the advice of my buddy at Wolfsburg West. He said Lenny Copp over at West Coast Classics would have no problem with this minor issue.
Having used WCC a few times in the past for various interior pieces, I think "of course, why didn't I think of them?" So I call them. They say "oh, no problem" and proceed to take my order on the phone, but before I give my credit card info I ask that they at least determine that they can get the material. Now they say they need to talk to Lenny, who just "happens" to not be there at the "moment". So, no problem should I call later, or tommorow or when? They say he will call me later in the day or tomorrow. Ok thanks. So a week passes, and I call them back, same run around, Lennys not in. He will call me. So two weeks pass, I call again, same thing.
So, not easily deterred I email the shop and BAM, I get a response right away. Whoever answered said "no problem" they'd get right on making me one. I emailed back some of the details about my difficulties locating the material, and BAM, they respond with "oh OK, I will speak to my supplier and get right back to you". So a week passes and nothing. So I email them again, and BAM, they respond immediately with "my supplier never got back to me last week, I'll call them now and get right back to you". I enjoy a challenge or I'd wouldn't restore old VWs. :-/ So two weeks pass.... nothing. I email them...
I guess they are done looking for this material, because they now don't respond to my emails at all. It looks like my little $300 isn't worth the common courtesy of an emailed response.

So here I am a couple months of crappy service later and I still have no top. I should've read their feedback here earlier, and I wouldn't have had high expectations and I wouldn't have gotten as frustrated. My bad, I guess.

WANTED: DEET EICHEL (Modesto, CA), license plate frames and other Deet Eichel related items.

Wanted: Original VW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shortwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks Ram, I poked around on the site and shot them an email with request. I'll PM you with results to take it out of this forum.
Tim
Vizco3501
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just read 8 pages of feedback because I was thinking about ordering from WCCR. Thank you to all that posted. I am actually scared to order anything and won't now.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered some front walk through seat cover material for my mango bus in caramel brown. Got them and brought them to an old time upholstery shop here in NJ and some were sized wrong which was probably my fault for not giving the exact sizing as 1959 can be a tricky year. Anyway, Lenny took them back and sent out replacements ASAP. They look great and i am very happy with Lenny and his business and i already suggested to the upholstery shop here to use Lenny for a Beetle in their shop that needed seat covers. I would recommend to others also. Thanks Lenny!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ozzmosis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know I read all these post about lenny and west coast classics shop. all these post are out dated i saw a lot of lenny's and his shops posted work . I told myself for such good work that they have done
I'll take a chance and place my order anyway .i spoke with susie she was really polite she told me it usually takes about 4 weeks for kick panels
I explained that If their was anyway to get them in about two weeks. Well I really have to give WCCR (west coast classic) praise and a big thank you recieved kick panels today. I have to tell everyone they do very good work.
If you don't like ordering out of Calif give Lenny and west coast classic shop a call.
Thanks again WCCR
Pedro
shortwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Lenny - - [email protected] Reply with quote

I called West Coast Classic Restoration to order a sunroof headliner for my 1960 bus. The woman that answered the phone was helpful and knowledgeable. Of course my request was a little out of the ordinary, so she told me Lenny would call me pretty soon. Lenny called me within a couple hours. He knew everything about what I needed, took my order on the spot with a fair price. I received my excellent, well made sunroof within a few working days 3000 miles away. Now if I can just install it without screwing it up......

Thanks Lenny and WCCR
1958ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ‘recently’ (March 2021) ordered my complete interior kit from Lenny at WCC and was willing to wait the 3+ months for German Blue polka dot. That being said, it’s September without a kit, but the biggest thing I wanted to share is the WCC was recently purchased by the owner of Silver Lining Restoration out of Salem, OR and over the next 6 months he’s moving the business out of LA. I talked to the new owner Morrie and he’s a great guy and trying to fulfill all the orders and get things out that we’re committed to. So I’m assuming there are so big changes coming (pricing increases likely, delivery quicker, etc.). I’m hopeful to get my interior quick but totally understand the situation the new owner was left in (deleted emails, missing notes, etc just on my order alone!). Good luck to new owner!

https://www.silverliningautorestoration.com/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: