Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

German Birth (Museum) Certificate and data sheet
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nate RS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: German Birth (Museum) Certificate and data sheet Reply with quote

It’s certainly Poppy Red. Almost orange. It is in every nook and cranny, in excellent quality, everywhere. If it was a repaint it was a concours repaint. The white underneath could be primer? If I carefully sand off the Poppy Red the potential primer is very close to Pearl White. Any idea what’s normal?
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: German Birth (Museum) Certificate and data sheet Reply with quote

While the Birth Certificates are generally correct. There have been instances where they're not. As Harry said, they wouldn't have painted Poppy Red over another color. The white you're seeing is most likely primer. I've got lots of areas on my black '67 convertible where the white primer is poking out.

'67 L41 Sedan 117333192
'67 L41 Vert 157343589
'67 L19K Vert 157452166
'67 L19K Vert ??????
'67 L282 Vert 157419653
'67 L620 Sedan 117534350 (Sold)
'67 L54 Vert 15745800 (Parted out)
'52 Split based Devin
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: