Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate"
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

I added those and added to the Unknown entry with your car too

I put this topic in my "Watched" topics too so I get alerts in case of any new entries posted
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

The aussie Trimmer wrote:
This is the new team to get your Birth Certificate from.

[email protected]

Team Certificates & Data Sheets

Jana Preuß

Volkswagen Classic Parts
Weser-Ems Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH
Theodor-Heuss-Str. 28b
38436 Wolfsburg

www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de
www.facebook.com/classicparts

Weser-Ems Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Domicile: Bremen
Registergericht/Court of Registry: Amtsgericht Bremen
HRB Nr./Commercial Register No.: 4392
Geschäftsführer/Executive Director: Dr. Peter Porbeck, Stephan Mund

Wichtiger Hinweis: Die vorgenannten Angaben werden jeder E-Mail automatisch
hinzugefügt und lassen keine Rückschlüsse auf den Rechtscharakter der E-Mail zu.

Important Notice: The above information is automatically added to this e-mail.
This addition does not constitute a representation that the content of this e-mail is legally
relevant and/or is intended to be legally binding upon Weser-Ems Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH.

evan94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Ordered my certificate on February 1st, 2021 and it was delivered to Alberta, Canada on February 15th, 2021. Cost was around 75 euro delivered.
https://imgur.com/gallery/bnIiiUI
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

mine BC was ordered Dec 10 and delivered on Jan 7th
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Ordner Now!

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Ordner indeed. it seems the US English version of the site has that spelling error whereas the International English is slightly different.

So while I was looking I was wondering if anyone has gone for the "Volkswagen bundle"?

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/en_global/service/certificate-data-sheets.html

Using the old method via email to the VW museum quite sometime ago I gained my Ghia's "Zertifikat" and a separate page with facts about the engine number.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what extra detail is offered by this "Bundle". The Sample images aren't very sharp but I can make out very little detail but it look like most of what is shown is already published in the Owners manual.

Nicholas
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

sputnick60 wrote:
Ordner indeed. it seems the US English version of the site has that spelling error whereas the International English is slightly different.

So while I was looking I was wondering if anyone has gone for the "Volkswagen bundle"?

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/en_global/service/certificate-data-sheets.html

Using the old method via email to the VW museum quite sometime ago I gained my Ghia's "Zertifikat" and a separate page with facts about the engine number.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what extra detail is offered by this "Bundle". The Sample images aren't very sharp but I can make out very little detail but it look like most of what is shown is already published in the Owners manual.

Nicholas

I "ordnered" the VW bundle. $129 Euro. I have no idea about what comes with it until I get my package. I will certainly follow-up with a post.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

I just went on the site because I want one for my KG. Kinda strange they say VAT is included with purchase. If you're in the US they shouldn't charge VAT.

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

overboost wrote:
sputnick60 wrote:

Nicholas

I "ordnered" the VW bundle. $129 Euro. I have no idea about what comes with it until I get my package. I will certainly follow-up with a post.

I keep trying to order mine but they don’t have an option to pick the US for shipping.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
overboost wrote:
sputnick60 wrote:

Nicholas

I keep trying to order mine but they don’t have an option to pick the US for shipping.

I got mine fairly recently. They forgot to send me the info on my engine after i presented them with the original engine # so they resent me a whole new BC. No issue with shipping unless something has changed since December
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
overboost wrote:
sputnick60 wrote:

Nicholas

Same issue here. I just added USA to the second address line.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

overboost wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
overboost wrote:
sputnick60 wrote:

Nicholas

Same issue here. I just added USA to the second address line.

Great idea!

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Hmmm.
I've tried to place an order a couple of times in the last few day.
I put in my payment info and it fails Confused
Tried PayPal & CC
I may just call

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Hmmm.
Tried PayPal & CC
I may just call

I’ll wait then.
If you find out anything can you please let us know?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

My payment went through with PayPal. I even see the deduction from my account for $159.72 USD. I tried to register to track the process and got all the way to the point where they would send a confirmation code and it never came. I may need to send an email as well.
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Happy day! My Birth Certificate showed up today from Germany just 4 weeks from ordering it.

Built June 19, 1969 and shipped to New York on June 22, 1969. Here is some photos of the packaging, very nice presentation.

One of my favorite things to find out as listed on page 2 special configuration is that my engine number is the original engine since the date of delivery. Ha, original engine, who would have known. Cool

fedwards58KGLL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to order my BC.
no luck online. sent an email, got a reply where they could assist me through that way, replied the info requested and nothing has happened. No charge on my credit card.
have sent a couple of emails as follow up and I'm just getting a bot answer.....any tip on where/how to "escalate" my request???

thanks

Fco
smuenchrath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Quote:
Happy day! My Birth Certificate showed up today from Germany just 4 weeks from ordering it.

Built June 19, 1969 and shipped to New York on June 22, 1969. Here is some photos of the packaging, very nice presentation.

One of my favorite things to find out as listed on page 2 special configuration is that my engine number is the original engine since the date of delivery. Ha, original engine, who would have known. Cool

Very nice! We have the exact same car (1969 Toga White Coupe with Black Interior). Now I need to get my Birth Certificate Ordered to confirm the engine...
reeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

Did anyone not get their certificate with the switch-over. Mine was ordered for my Ghia on 2/2018 and it never arrived.

Could have been lost in the mail, but I think it may have been lost in the transition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ordering Your Karmann Ghia's "Birth Certificate" Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Hmmm.
Tried PayPal & CC
I may just call

Well, I went ahead and thought I would try to get a "Birth Certificate" again.
Success!
Went ahead and tried Paypal, it was seamless.
Got the bundle.
I had ordered a certificate probably 15 years ago for the coupe. I don't think they offered a bundle then. Not a huge deal since the coupe is very unoriginal. It will be a nice addition for the cabriolet.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: