Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New to forum
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

IIRC the Zee kit includes some brackets to reposition the middle seat a few inches further forward. Sort of an L bracket that attached to the back legs with hose clamps to give the rear floor clamps something to grab.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

My seats the original dark beige 51 are in good shape except the fronts. Anybody know where to get the original or matching color for the front seats ? My new engine and trans has set me back a ton so the less I spend on seats the better
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I’m new to the samba family. I was hoping someone could help me out. My wife and I were going camping in our 79 bay window bud and while on the garden state parkway I lost power, my oil light came on and smoking while accelerating. Pulled off and checked. Oil was full but I could here it boiling. I hear some tapping. Please help. Thanks. Phil.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Hi everyone. I’m new to the samba family. I was hoping someone could help me out. My wife and I were going camping in our 79 bay window bud and while on the garden state parkway I lost power, my oil light came on and smoking while accelerating. Pulled off and checked. Oil was full but I could here it boiling. I hear some tapping. Please help. Thanks. Phil.

You should start a new thread with the history of your Bus.

That isn’t a great sign, loss of oil pressure and smoke. Let it cool off, check oil level again and let it idle while you listen for expensive noises
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Had my type4 removed and added a Type 1 2110CC attached to a WrightGearBox! Turned out awesome. Feels so good having a reliable and nice looking engine in my 73
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Nice lookin’ Bus. You’ll need to cover up the gap between the engine and the sides of the engine bay. I think there’s a kit available, but after a very quick search I couldn’t find it. Or you could rig something up. Someone who has done it will certainly chime in. Good luck.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

oscarsnapkin wrote:
Nice lookin’ Bus. You’ll need to cover up the gap between the engine and the sides of the engine bay. I think there’s a kit available, but after a very quick search I couldn’t find it. Or you could rig something up. Someone who has done it will certainly chime in. Good luck.

I’ve never ever and I mean ever seen what you’re talking about

In fact my type 1 engine looks identical to stuff I see in magazines

Have no clue what you mean?’if the sides were covered the fresh air from outside would never make it to engine bay. Please let me know what you mean
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

The portrait of you with your bus shows a foam engine surround seal while the close-up of the unfinished installation does not. Smile

Nice Bus Barn sticker!
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:
The portrait of you with your bus shows a foam engine surround seal while the close-up of the unfinished installation does not. Smile

Nice Bus Barn sticker!
Robbie

Ah gotcha

Yeah the foam is there. I think my photos are out of order
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:
My seats the original dark beige 51 are in good shape except the fronts. Anybody know where to get the original or matching color for the front seats ? My new engine and trans has set me back a ton so the less I spend on seats the better

TMI Seats matched my middle and rear to original browns, they call them Beige though! Local guy did them for me. Turned out awesome

Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Latah Washington
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

airschooled wrote:

Nice Bus Barn sticker!
Robbie

I do say Robbie, I’d have to agree! Very Happy

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Scbrice wrote:
oscarsnapkin wrote:

I’ve never ever and I mean ever seen what you’re talking about

In fact my type 1 engine looks identical to stuff I see in magazines

Have no clue what you mean?’if the sides were covered the fresh air from outside would never make it to engine bay. Please let me know what you mean

The Type 1 tin is shaped for a smaller engine compartment opening and the front, side and rear (rear of bus) tin would not reach all the way out to meet the larger opening that the Type 4 has. So there is a tin kit (and one in fiberglass as well) that provides the pieces that match the Type 1 engine to the Type 4 opening in the engine compartment of your bus. Zooming in on your picture I see that your engine is equipped with that conversion tin.

That is what Oscarsnapkin may have been referring to. Or, perhaps it was simply the foam seal that Robbie was referring to.

The bus looks fantastic.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
airschooled wrote:

Nice Bus Barn sticker!
Robbie

I do say Robbie, I’d have to agree! Very Happy

Sam

I don’t know shit about VWs but I always look good !
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

Hahaha some days we’re ALL that way!

Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Scbrice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: New to forum Reply with quote

As it now sits 2023

2110 type 1
WrightGearbox Trans
Paint
New front seats

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: