Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New wiring harness, questions and concerns
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keagan07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: New wiring harness, questions and concerns Reply with quote

Hello All,

After several years of jumping through hoops to bypass particular electrical issues on my '71 bus, I've decided to go ahead and rewire mine. The PO added things and took out things, essentially to the point where nothing is color coordinated which makes it incredibly difficult to work with the rats nest under the dash. Wires constantly get pulled from the hanging fuse box and it's a game of chance to get everything back to normal.

My question is, what is included in the MAIN harness vs the COMPLETE harness? Is it worth it to go ahead and get the complete harness? Is it worth it to get a new fuse box amd I'd so, any recommendations?

It seems like most of the issues come from wires involved with engine performance.[/code]
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: New wiring harness, questions and concerns Reply with quote

you'd have to ask the vendor. main harness usually runs front to back and has nothing like headlights/gauges etc

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
vacca_rabite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: New wiring harness, questions and concerns Reply with quote

No one that I have found sells a complete harness.

For the most part they go from the fuse panel to the engine. But all the wiring that needs help in the nose of the bus isnt touched.

If someone sells that wiring, get it. Otherwise its going wire by wire and fixing or replacing.

Zach
BerneseMtnDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: New wiring harness, questions and concerns Reply with quote

There's a place in England that sells complete harnesses. I think they're called vwlooms.com. I bought a complete harness from them for my 71 and it included everything except the battery cables. Good quality stuff and color correct.

Steve
Ry-dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New wiring harness, questions and concerns Reply with quote

x2 for vwlooms.com. I also bought the complete harness from them for my '70 and it was great quality and color correct.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: