Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here!
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

I couldn't easily locate one, anyone know of a Brekina toy thread?

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by BulliBill on Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a thread here about collectible Brekina Buses? Reply with quote

I did not see one but feel free to start one if you want.
Or we can use this thread from now forward...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a thread here about collectible Brekina Buses? Reply with quote

I'm not aware of a dedicated thread, but there are six pages of photos of them in the gallery.

vw68type3 wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

Okay, here are some of my collection of Brekina Bus toys:

As seen on a wall in my home shown in the Brekina wall plate display system. I have many other Brekinas that are too tall to fit in those clear display cases due to roof racks or other accessories, or are in special limited edition cases for commemorating a vintage event, or company, etc... I have quite a few of the Brekina multiple Bus sets also.

I have one Brekina Bus (seen in one of the photos above) that is supposedly part of a run of less than twenty items ever made (according to Brekina Guru Michael Steinke). See if you can find it?

Bill Bowman

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by BulliBill on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

Wow! I found this thread a few days ago and my wallet does not appreciate it. Those base plates are quite difficult to find! lol.

My Brekina collection pales in comparison, but I'm getting there. I'll post a picture of mine when I get home this weekend.

I have "separation anxiety" taking some of the models out of the special edition boxes they come in, and I'm working on a way to show those. What are your plans for the oddball ones that don't find into the standard clear boxes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

A friend of mine got me into collecting Brekina Buses. Just love 'em.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

^^^ Wow! You have quite the collection there! Nice how you found deep frames and were able to stack the Brekinas in their display boxes upright in each frame to display them. Have you ever counted them to see how many you have. I haven't done that yet...

Yeah, I like the Brekina wall-mount plaque system for displaying the Brekinas, but the taller models don't display there as the clear Brekina covers have to be oriented to the plaques on their side. I keep all the taller models in their cases as well as all my Brekina collector sets and quite a few other VW toys tucked away in a 6 pull-out drawer cabinet I recently bought from IKEA (I bought two of these cabinets). I'll try to get photos taken and posted later.

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

I am all ears, if someone could possibly tell me the value of these, either seperately, or all together, or both... Cool

BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

Howdy Dave!

The VW Classic issued Brekinas are usually part of a specially ordered limited edition run of 250 to 500 pieces and if unmolested, their packaging will list the 001/250 (or 500 or whatever) numbers. Therefore they are rarer and harder to find if you are filling out a VW Classic Brekina collection. and are normally a bit more pricey. Right now there are only a few Brekinas for sale here in the Samba.com classifieds and most are too expensive in my opinion. I'm guessing that the runs of the more normal Brekinas were closer to 1000 or even more? Someone will chime in on that.

When in Europe at shows or in hobby stores I have bought plenty of Brekina Transporters for $10 to $20 each. I've seen some at USA model RR shows for about $15 to $20. I'd guess that the value of your "VW Classic" models are about $50 each?

Take care Dave!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

Thanks, Bill, the 2002 Classic Bus and Trailer is #43 of 500, and the 1999 Classic Single Cab is #249 of 500...

BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

In this small display case are my collection of Brekina special limited edition, numbered Buses for the VW Classic event (focused on the Rich Kimball run years. I have 1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Brekina VW Classic Buses. I also have the 1997, 1998, & 1999 VW Classic event pewter cast toys by Kaval. I suspect I have most of the VW Classic issued toys. Anyone have photos of any other years that Rich and staff had them made?

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

I own a Dutch website about Dutch splitbuses and am collecting pictures since 2001.
Because of the website people come to me with all kind of picture's and film.

Brekina made this model according to pictures i collected, scanned and posted on the internet.
This model is not accurate, if they watched the movie i posted on Youtube they'd know the Barndoor had a rear window... Laughing Laughing

Link

Brekina made more than one model off my pictures.
This bus was from a small cheese factory in my home town Leidschendam, the Netherlands.
The owner was in his Eighties and i sat many times at his coffee table with my scanner and Macbook. The man didn't want me to take his photo albums home.

True gems i scanned over there. See: http://www.volkswouter.nl/web/kaashandel-gebroeders-de-groot-leidschendam/

Last edited by volkswouter on Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

These are my Brekinas, although I've been told that some in this set are of different makes. I also have one 2020 OCTO Brekina #218/250, not pictured. Will upload and post later.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

I just posted the 7 Buses I have posted here, in the Classifieds. I hadn't even looked at them over over 5 years, therefore, I think it's time to let someone else enjoy them... Cool

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

Can I play?

peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Can I play?

Nice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

# 303 and #156

squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
^^^ Wow! You have quite the collection there! Nice how you found deep frames and were able to stack the Brekinas in their display boxes upright in each frame to display them. Have you ever counted them to see how many you have. I haven't done that yet...

Thanks, Bill. I think I have around 300 Buses. I am always on the hunt.

What's the special Bus you hinted at above?

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your collectible Brekina Buses and info here! Reply with quote

I found a bunch of Brekina display baseplates at an estate sale last weekend. Unfortunately, there were no clear cases found in the home.

Does anyone have a source for them? I contacted Walther's, and the person I spoke with says it would be very difficult to impossible to get those anymore. He said he thought they'd been out of production for a long time.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: