Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Exhaust system clean up and rust prevention
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
seans67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well what do you expect. You live in Alaska. Hello And that's a Syncro you got there. Why aren't you out in the woods playing. Lets see some action pics.

Do they spray the roads with salt up there?

You're right we do expect it, and love it. I am finely getting a chance to test it in the snow now that my VC is fixed. To stormy to play today plus I'm relaxing before I have to go cod fishing.
No salt here, just a lot of sanding.

BTW I have a used exhaust set-up that I will be cleaning up this spring so it's been good reading.

'71 Squareback '71 Porsche 914 ‘80 Camper '87 Syncro Weekender 1.8T '87 Wolfsburg Weekender '97 Toyota Land Cruiser ‘03 Audi A6 Quattro 3.0 ‘04 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 1.8T ‘05 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0
‘06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S
lovedavdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm getting ready to put this system back together Dancing. Yes on my dining room table Laughing The snow should be gone by this weekend. And almost all the parts are in hand. I've got a sand blasted cross over pipe and cat, new muffler and tail pipe, and all new gaskets throughout.

I'm figure stainless stl. nuts and bolts are the way to go if I ever need to take this thing apart again. Only problem is that I cant find um. (8mm 1.25" bolts). I did find a zink coated stl. bolt in this size at HomeDepot. Will the zink cause premature corrosion to the flanges? I guess its not really a huge deal but I've gone to all this trouble ya know. I just want to do it right.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boltdepot.com
Van Go77
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust system clean up and rust prevention Reply with quote

Wow your art is amazing !
rustednuggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust system clean up and rust prevention Reply with quote

Random question, my exhaust boxes are in good shape just covered in oil and grime. If I plug the holes with rags or something would it be fine to power wash the grime and oil off? TY in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: