Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A/C Doghouse to Regular Doghouse
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtadpole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: A/C Doghouse to Regular Doghouse Reply with quote

So I have an A/C doghouse tin currently on my dual port 1600, I am going to be putting this motor in my 65 bus and was thinking I don't need the ac on this. I have a single port junk cooler that has the left air connector straight non/ac. As far as internals would it be bad to take the port off of the non-doghouse shroud and weld it in place of the a/C connection. Are the internals the same. Tried to search around to see if anyone has done this but no luck. Has anyone actually done this before? almost has to be! lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: A/C Doghouse to Regular Doghouse Reply with quote

If it's just the LH fresh air outlet you want to swap it shouldn't be a problem, most of those A/C clearance elbows are screwed or pop riveted on. Drill the welds on the straight one and screw (or weld) it on to the shroud, the insides of the shroud aren't modified in any way for A/C installation, just cut off the straight tube and screw on the one that came in the kit.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: A/C Doghouse to Regular Doghouse Reply with quote

I might be interested in that left hand air outlet from the shroud if it removes OK. Send pictures by private message.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
dtadpole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: A/C Doghouse to Regular Doghouse Reply with quote

Sweet thanks for the reply! I was debating on whether to buy a whole different straight up doghouse shroud or do this. I think I'll go ahead with it. Ill get some pics when I do and post them up. thanks !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dtadpole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: A/C Doghouse to Regular Doghouse Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
I might be interested in that left hand air outlet from the shroud if it removes OK. Send pictures by private message.

Definitely will do!, I should try to do it here soon.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: