Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hot Rod Baja history piece
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Air George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

Speedo date is 9/60. Fuse box holder metal what’s left of it shows OG red bus paint. So I’m saying a 60 /61 red bus was used to cast parts of this buggy body
Air George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

These side rails / top caps look familiar Ive seen this body before. Tgeir was a wtb add advertised 3-5 years ago. With a picture of it. I hav another imagine of it branded in my brain possibly from a Shriner parade footage in a movie. I wanna say “RAD”. But movie is too late. Put on your thinking caps guys. I can’t be tge only one who has seen it. Before now. Thanks from George.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Air George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

RAD. Ride all Day. Radical. Ride all day in California. Figured that out myself. Lol. Peace
Air George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

In a van on a trip to Florida. Plan was to pick up a Hadley engineering Costa Mesa ca transvair kit. So happens in the weeds with it along side it was this bus body. Man it really got me thinking on the way home17 hrs with it.

derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

Air George wrote:
RAD. Ride all Day. Radical. Ride all day in California. Figured that out myself. Lol. Peace

You should really start a new thread on your kit in the split bus or off road/baja, considering this is a barndoor section. You might be able to get more answers there. I would like this page to remain focused on my project... Much appreciated for sharing though!

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
Air George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

Air George
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Barndoor Beach Buggy Reply with quote

Me again. Bro. I’m just saying. The barn just happened to b a barn if you want to fig out it’s roots or who built it. Your gonna hav to expand away from barn and get into tge early days of Baja. I see relation with all this stuff I’ve been expressing. Your barn is more Tgen a farm vehicle. Built as a border crosser or racer. What junkyard did they cut it up in and drive away in a barn beachbuggy that must of been a cool spot in early 60s.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: