Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

Hey! Its wasn't a flashlight. Or my field! Laughing

I professionally used a 20 year old halogen Very Happy
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The other video bellow the first is with the suspension raised.

I'm actually surprised how peppy it is lol

Thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

hmm well it turns out my steering wheel is a real formula vee unit. its missing the horn piece tho. i decided im going to 3d print my own, or turn down one on the lathe, and install the cool clock horn buttons.

btw, someone called it a VOA steering wheel. what does that mean? volkswagen of america?

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

Yep, VWoA is Volkswagen of America accessories approved and made for Volkswagen but not actually produced by them. Like a Stewart Warner/ Southwind gas heater is a VWoA item
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

cool thanks. i found a picture of a NOS wheel and the box had the official vw logos. i really like my steering wheel now. i have a lead on the pieces im missing now too whicg is dope.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:

Looks like you installed new hard brake lines. How come you didn’t run the rear line on the other side of the gas pedal, like it would have been from the factory? To me it seems like your heal is going to be resting on the line while driving. Which make cause a hole from all the friction or you may even crush it which could hinder your brake performance.
’65 Deluxe Build

Last edited by richparker on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

I agree - here's how mine were routed originally. Just in front of the pedal pivot.

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

sorry bout the late reply. been busy. i agree and will re route it. im not sure how i goofed up that bad lol. i need to figure out a way to mount the brake liner to the tunnel side as well. ill robably drill and tap some holes and use clips or something since mine were rotted and i was in a rush to get it painted, thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
sorry bout the late reply. been busy. i agree and will re route it. im not sure how i goofed up that bad lol. i need to figure out a way to mount the brake liner to the tunnel side as well. ill robably drill and tap some holes and use clips or something since mine were rotted and i was in a rush to get it painted, thanks

Sounds like a great place to use some self tapping screws.
’65 Deluxe Build
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

It has been now a month since Chickensoup has logged on, anyone heard from him since?

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

He's been very active lately, you have to look for his new persona, Chickensoup part 2 Smile
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

He made a new account?
Not sure why...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=513460

His original account says he is grounded by his parents so maybe it's to avoid his parents seeing posts under his old account?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

I believe so (that it's Aiden), I thought it would be far-fetched for someone to come along and create that "pt 2" username.

Edit: yeah, here's why I thought that, he signed this post "Aiden" (I seem to recall that was soup's name). https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9744511&highlight=#9744511
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

yes, i made a temporary acount. not sure if thats against the rules now that i think of it Shocked

my dad changed my password. and i cant reset sense they changed my gmail password as well.

obviously, no work has been done on my car. for those who remember my soap oprahish stepmom thread, i learned my dad is an actuall sociopath. diagnosed by a phycologist. and then obviously my stepmom doesnt make life any easier. but i never thought id say this. i think my stepmom is a better human being. lots of things have clicked. you know its bad when your own stepmom who is a polar opposite from you, gives you a list of phone numbers to call in case your dad goes bezerk again Shocked

anyways, yeah. i went to theorepy, only to be told theres nothing concerning about me.(again, second councler).

anyways, i think thats enough personal info. I guess it was mainly meant for the people i know personally on here sense i dont have another way to contact them.

Everret, is it possible to change the email and username on my old acount? or can you only change the password?

thanks Adriel for not forgetting bout me Smile

I honestly dont think ill be able to finish this car. Its actually scheduled to be scraped. Crying or Very sad
my dad doesnt have a BOS, and i cant own anything legally. Are there any grey areas i can work around so i can gift it to someone or have someone hold onto it for me? every dime put into that car has been earned by me, and the money never came from them. Would that mean anything under the law? id hate to see it be crushed mainly because of the hours ive put into it. if i cant have it id much rather see someone else enjoy the car than have it turned into a freezer.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that news, Aiden. Dude - don't give up hope. IF something should happen to that car beyond your control, then so be it. Despite all the work you've put into it, there will be other projects eventually. Not trying to be coldhearted, but the most important thing is your health and wellbeing. Finish school, maybe attend a trade school (welding pays pretty good), get a good paying job, and get out on your own. Best of luck, buddy.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

Nah i get what your saying. Although this car and hobby has been alot of fun, the most important thing to me is for sure not a rolling chunk of steel. Not finishing high school isnt even an option to me. My grades are dang good, I dont want to mess that up. Scholarships have been tough to come by lately but Im trying to get into GA Tech. Although, Good Lord classes there are $$. IDK we'll see what happens. Thanks for the encouragement.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

I feel your pain , my mom passed a year and half ago, wrote me out of the will,
Bro and sis said dont worry we will sort it out. Well now that they have inheritance , well mom said you dont get any , so we are gonna honor that.

Hate phucking phamily.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

The world would be a much better place if there were no parents.
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

I leave to continue contending with a broken water heater and come back to find the thread has blown up. Shocked

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
yes, i made a temporary acount. not sure if thats against the rules now that i think of it Shocked

my dad changed my password. and i cant reset sense they changed my gmail password as well.

First, I created a new account because of a legal issue with the name and Everette deleted the new account and changed the name of the first. I been here since before the Great Samba Crash.

Second, that is scary he could even get into your accounts when you are of age of understanding and seem to have shown moral control.

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
obviously, no work has been done on my car. for those who remember my soap oprahish stepmom thread, i learned my dad is an actuall sociopath. diagnosed by a phycologist. and then obviously my stepmom doesnt make life any easier. but i never thought id say this. i think my stepmom is a better human being. lots of things have clicked. you know its bad when your own stepmom who is a polar opposite from you, gives you a list of phone numbers to call in case your dad goes bezerk again Shocked

Shocked Yikes, that is true if Mom is protecting you, she is a good parent.

As for Father, know he is incapable of a relationship and please don't be like me chasing one with my Borderline Personality Disorder "mother" for years. We must put our safety first, how can we help others if we are dead?

By the way, bio "mother" and most likely my brother will not be attending our wedding, if that happens. Wink

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
anyways, yeah. i went to theorepy, only to be told theres nothing concerning about me.(again, second councler).

Glad you got checked out, now what you need is an elder who you can help you, pray, and keep it between you two.

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
anyways, i think thats enough personal info. I guess it was mainly meant for the people i know personally on here sense i dont have another way to contact them.

You have my email address and I did give you my telephone number. Seriously, if got a Georgia number, you bet I would answer, even outside calling hours (might have to ring a second time if I am asleep being in another room).

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
thanks Adriel for not forgetting bout me Smile

You didn't forget about me. Wink

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
I honestly dont think ill be able to finish this car. Its actually scheduled to be scraped. Crying or Very sad
my dad doesnt have a BOS, and i cant own anything legally. Are there any grey areas i can work around so i can gift it to someone or have someone hold onto it for me? every dime put into that car has been earned by me, and the money never came from them. Would that mean anything under the law? id hate to see it be crushed mainly because of the hours ive put into it. if i cant have it id much rather see someone else enjoy the car than have it turned into a freezer.

What is a BOS?

What about the cousins in the picture, or am I remembering another member's thread?

I did some digging, now I have a question: who's name is the vehicle registered in?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

chickensoup pt 2 wrote:
Nah i get what your saying. Although this car and hobby has been alot of fun, the most important thing to me is for sure not a rolling chunk of steel. Not finishing high school isnt even an option to me. My grades are dang good, I dont want to mess that up. Scholarships have been tough to come by lately but Im trying to get into GA Tech. Although, Good Lord classes there are $$. IDK we'll see what happens. Thanks for the encouragement.

Looking back on 11 years of my life seemingly wasted, I would recommend attending Community College and better, get an associate's degree. If I had an AD, could get a drafting job and now after all this time, the requirements have changed and would have to start all over, I am too old for that.

If you want Georgia Tech, find out what the requirements are for a transfer student. For example, I wanted to get into Cal Poly, did the transferable classes at the community collage, only to then find out over 2000 apply, 15 seats available, and those accepted have 4.0 GPA or higher. How I ended up in Arizona and if had not come, would not have found Joslin.

What career are you considering?

sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: "Menace" '65 Tourist Delivery Build Reply with quote

I believe a BOS is a Bill Of Sale.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Jump to:
Page 33 of 41

Jump to: