Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Birth Certificates
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
widerberg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Txgunslinger, did the bank transfer option go through for you, or did that just let you complete the order and then they followed up with the email asking for the CC?

I haven't heard back from them on the errors, so I'm trying to decide whether it's worth going the bank transfer route or just waiting to see what happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

widerberg wrote:
I've been trying to order another birth certificate, too. Keep getting the following errors when the page tries to go to the payment details:

Initializing failed for Order 140000000xx.
No transaction ID could be created for Order 140000000xx.

That's for CC or PayPal. I've tried on Chrome, Safari, and on my phone. No dice on anything. I've emailed [email protected], so we'll see what happens.

PITA, though. Didn't used to be so difficult to order. Oh, well.

Same problem here. annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
txgunslinger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

widerberg wrote:
Txgunslinger, did the bank transfer option go through for you, or did that just let you complete the order and then they followed up with the email asking for the CC?

Yes - I opted for the bank transfer route and the order 'went through' in that it completed and put my order into 'Pending' status. I don't have the patience to futz with technical payment issues and pressed forward with the only option that made me feel like I was moving. About 48 hours later, I got the email asking for CC info via email which I wasn't prepared to do (no one should, email is not secure).

I stayed up last night until 2 AM Texas time and called them (they open 9 AM-Noon, close for lunch, then 1 PM- 3M to explain my situation and that I wanted to pay over the phone. I speak a little German, but Herr Zimmerman spoke English so no problem giving him my CC info over the phone.

I thought he would run it right then, but I guess that's not his department? He said they would run it in about an hour and I would receive and email, but when I told him I'd get up in 4 hours to check, he offered to get it done in 10 minutes. I thanked him and hung up and waited. At 2:45 AM I still had nothing and went to bed.

This morning I saw an email that said,

"thank you for the card details.
We will charge your credit card after we have received the vehicle data from the factory archive.
It can take another 2 weeks."

So for now, the saga continues. I probably need to warn my CC company not to decline the charge from Germany when it finally gets put through. Also, I didn't have him read the number back to me which has me a little worried. Oh well, just wait and see I guess.
scarroll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
widerberg wrote:
I've been trying to order another birth certificate, too. Keep getting the following errors when the page tries to go to the payment details:

Initializing failed for Order 140000000xx.
No transaction ID could be created for Order 140000000xx.

That's for CC or PayPal. I've tried on Chrome, Safari, and on my phone. No dice on anything. I've emailed [email protected], so we'll see what happens.

PITA, though. Didn't used to be so difficult to order. Oh, well.

Same problem here. annoying.

I had the same experience along with the "regionID" request, which you aren't allowed to enter. Sent an email asking for assistance. Received an email response from VW Classic telling me to use a particular link to order. That link took me to same Groundhog Day process as the first one. (Do you think the folks at VW Classic know what that means?)

Reminds me of the time I looked at VW Rabbits, brand new in the showroom, with body trim already popping off. I declined to buy something then, and I'm giving up on this, too
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

FYI- I was able to purchase a Birth Certificate using the pay option of "Bank Transfer Payment" using Safari browser as I received an error trying Credit Card and PayPal.

I emailed Volkswagen Classic Parts asking to pay CC as my card doesn't charge me a foreign transaction fee where my bank does. I let them know I was not able to purchase via credit card on their site.
pacifcoflyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

This is an email I received from them this morning.

"at the moment we have some problems with our Paypal and Credit Card Service, the Payments wonīt get through or the customers are not redirected to the Paypal or credit Card Payment sides.
So if your Paypal account hasnīt been charged with the amount, I would ask you to order again next week, as we hope we have the problem fixed by then.

KInd regards"
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Birth Certificates have come a long way. Look at this one we requested back in 1991.

Note that it is missing the m-codes and the color doesn't state L87 Pearl White

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Im shocked with how difficult they make, especially since how poorly the site is designed, but hey big business right...my problem is that dont list America/ USA?

Afterall were not asking for the world..lol I havent yet got to payment method.

Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
Im shocked with how difficult they make, especially since how poorly the site is designed, but hey big business right...my problem is that dont list America/ USA?

Afterall were not asking for the world..lol I havent yet got to payment method.

Thomas

Same problem here...."my problem is that don't list America/ USA" Anyone able to help "crack the code" and tell us what to do?

Pete Keesling
Driving a VW every day.....
tfrog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered and received (back in 2010) the birth certificate for my 1958 VW bug. The certificate says that its delivery destination was "factory workers". Does anyone know more about this program? I am guessing Volkswagen made cars available for purchase by their employees. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Ok after a lot of trails and miss'es, finally got it ordered and confirmed..can say one thing they sure make it difficult. But I can say onething, they did respond to emails. Now wait.
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
pacifcoflyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I have ordered mine with the bank transfer but I haven't heard anything from them after several emails asking the current status...hopefully it shows up!
pacifcoflyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Just arrived today, totally worth it if you haven't got one! Very cool!!
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

I ordered mine for my 60 DC online from the site last year and received it three weeks later and it looks amazing.

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

So... is there still issues with paying,? I tried a few times in 2019 and gave up

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

It took an email,
They responded, only able to use wire transfer. No problem then, went right thru, now wait.
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

It took an email,
They responded, only able to use wire transfer. No problem then, went right thru, now wait.
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Dr bugbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Seems pretty worthless without confirming matching engine on the document. I already know the vin and color of my own car!?
VWTECHEDITOR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Guys,

VW will confirm an original engine number if you list it on the application form. To quote; "Your engine number is the original one since date of delivery". The delivery date being to the port for shipment, not retail delivery to the customer.

With the increasing value on old VWs and the premium placed on "numbers matching" cars it comes down to three words: Fraud Prevention & Protection.

Suppose you had a VW with no engine, it being long gone. If you had an original engine number from a birth certificate, it would be easy to stamp that old number on a new un-numbered case and say it was the original engine. Sure, it is unethical, immoral, possibly criminal and surely fattening, but there are some who would do it. Just sayin'.

Funny thing is, back in the old days, transferring engine numbers to a new VW supplied engine was what VW told us to do. Check it out:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Art LeBrun
vwtecheditor
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW Birth Certificates Reply with quote

VWTECHEDITOR wrote:

VW will confirm an original engine number if you list it on the application form. To quote; "Your engine number is the original one since date of delivery". The delivery date being to the port for shipment, not retail delivery to the customer.

Is having that line really useful without having he associated number? Without an association between the VIN and the engine number, there's no way to verify what is with the car right now is original to the car.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Jump to:
Page 55 of 61

Jump to: