Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door panel rubber cup seals
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Door panel rubber cup seals Reply with quote

Again looking for the impossible. The little rubber seals for the door panel clips are a larger size than the norm. The holes in the doors are 10mm in diameter. Part # 411 857 219 is no longer. BUT, there must be something out there that can work. Anyone have success with this?

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Door panel rubber cup seals Reply with quote

I will add a couple of pics to illustrate the problem. I cannot find the larger type 4 seal/cups. Ordered the type1 and 3 cups but they are too small. The holes are also larger in the cups on the type 4. Still looking…

Bill

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NurseryWalt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Door panel rubber cup seals Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
Just buy two of everything! I'll be going down that road eventually. Seriously, just let me know what you come up with. I'll try to return the favour if I can find it before you.

Cheers,
Walter
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Door panel rubber cup seals Reply with quote

Walter,
The problem is I can’t find the larger type 4 cup seals…so there is nothing to buy. My photo was just a comparison of the two types.

Bill
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Door panel rubber cup seals Reply with quote

So...I have not posted in this thread mainly because its busy right now and also because I really do not have a source for these.

However....I have actually used type 3 seals quite a long time ago on my 411 wagon. The bigger/wider end works fine but they are too short to prevent the type 4 metal clip from ripping the end out......so I cut the tip out of it and put rubber caps over it

No longer have that car....but the caps looked something like this

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-caps/chemical-resistant-round-caps/

I also found these. Depending on the total dimension...some of these could work quite well. Keep in mind.....these rubber plugs are mainly seals. As long as the groove in the spring clip snaps into the edge the panel will be held in.

I will have to measure the door card hole and the door hole to see which one of these may work....if any.

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-caps/hollow-high-temperature-tapered-plugs/

Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: