Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits and lash caps
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits Reply with quote

gringoloco2000 wrote:
The problem I have with EMPI is that you have so many inconsistencies in quality across the products that they sell.

It really is rolling the dice with them -

Spring plates were garbage - uneven cuts, lumpy welds, inconsistent plating.

Stub axles and IRS axles, though, very nice. Super clean splines, nice machining and great threads. Went together like expected.

I've avoided everything else EMPI.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits Reply with quote

The off-road swing axle boots that came in red, blue or yellow were actually pretty good but I haven’t bought those in years. Perhaps the bean counters figured out a way to cheapen these up as well. Empi used to chrome plate German sheet metal and present this as dress up kits but that was decades ago. Here’s the ultimate rip off by empi, they stole the Pan Am airline logo and put their name on it. Pan Am didn’t even care. Now Pan Am is gone but empi is still around like a stale fart in an elevator.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
The off-road swing axle boots that came in red, blue or yellow were actually pretty good but I haven’t bought those in years. Perhaps the bean counters figured out a way to cheapen these up as well. Empi used to chrome plate German sheet metal and present this as dress up kits but that was decades ago. Here’s the ultimate rip off by empi, they stole the Pan Am airline logo and put their name on it. Pan Am didn’t even care. Now Pan Am is gone but empi is still around like a stale fart in an elevator.

Yep...I think Pan Am every time I see the logo...but I did a search a few years ago (I have collected a few Pan Am trinkets).....and MANY companies have stolen the Pan Am "Globe". They mainly went after travel agencies. The rest....no one even knew about comparatively. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits and lash caps Reply with quote

i just checked my motor and a friends motor after reading ohio toms post . and sure enought the lash caps were beat out on both motors . it realy up sets me that EMPI could have cost me a motor and my friends motor shame on EMPI for selling junk spencerfvee
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits and lash caps Reply with quote

Why are you guys bagging on EMPI? No one makes ill-fitting, thin chrome tins better than them.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: beware of EMPI stock rocker arm kits and lash caps Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
Why are you guys bagging on EMPI? No one makes ill-fitting, thin chrome tins better than them.
...................................................................................................................you dont know how true that is . china played a big joke on EMPI when they made chrome tins . spencerfvee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: