Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help please with instrument cluster swap TDI
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyboy705
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Help please with instrument cluster swap TDI Reply with quote

Hi all.

Got my ALH TDI from a 2001 Jetta installed and its running. Yeah. I'm also using the instrument cluster from the same Jetta as well. For several advantages reasons like no tach converter needed, the transmission I'm using has the appropriate VSS, hatch light, CEL etc ...
I got that wired up and its all working fine.

However, I got warning lights and the horn due to the missing signals from airbag and ABS units. I'm using the K-Line and the hi/lo can busses.

Does anyone know how to code the cluster so I don't get the lights anymore ??
How did you make it go away ?

I got VCDS and the login pin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Help please with instrument cluster swap TDI Reply with quote

You might have better luck asking at TDIClub.com. They have a thread devoted to conversions.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help please with instrument cluster swap TDI Reply with quote

Helping a buddy with an older TDi swap. Done about 7 years ago and builder did not hook up CEL. Was called into the Ref for a visual inspection (watch out you diesel cheaters) The ref said he needed a CEL, can someone enlighten me where I would go to get that signal? I would guess that there is some unused wire for this purpose.

As Usual Smart Ass answers and WAGS always welcome.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Help please with instrument cluster swap TDI Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
Helping a buddy with an older TDi swap. Done about 7 years ago and builder did not hook up CEL. .... The ref said he needed a CEL, can someone enlighten me where I would go to get that signal? I would guess that there is some unused wire for this purpose.

Which version engine management? That asked.....

Even up to OBD2, I bet a single wire from ECU provides ground path to light up the CEL. IOW, connect 15 + to CEL bulb and the ECU does the rest.

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Help please with instrument cluster swap TDI Reply with quote

Sorry I am away from my AHU Westy or could trace that for you - been too long and I cannot recall from memory. Vanagon Nut is correct, it's just a single wire. This thread might help tho:

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/98-jetta-inop-check-engine-light.257103/

Good luck with it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: