Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 412, 413, 414  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Pee Wee Ellis played Sax with James Brown and Van Morrison
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/pee-wee-ellis-obit-dead-1232060/
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jennepher wrote:
wheel607 wrote:
Tim Donnelly, actor Emergency , died from complications from surgery.

I had to look up which firefighter he played. Chet Kelly with the great mustache.

Thanks to that show I still mixup Ringers lactate and D5W...oh well, the charge Nurse will catch it.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jennepher wrote:
wheel607 wrote:
Tim Donnelly, actor Emergency , died from complications from surgery.

I had to look up which firefighter he played. Chet Kelly with the great mustache.

Emergency was my favorite show to watch as a kid, I would always tell my pops I’m going to grow a mustache like that when I’m older Very Happy damn I miss being a kid in the 70’s & 80’s

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Status Quo founding member Alan Lancaster has died aged 72, the band’s manager has confirmed.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
typ914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Quote:
Emergency was my favorite show to watch as a kid, I would always tell my pops I’m going to grow a mustache like that when I’m older Very Happy damn I miss being a kid in the 70’s & 80’s

My son will be 25 this year and grew up watching these old TV shows. The retro channels just started popping up. His favorites were: emergency (the fire truck show) and M*A*S*H(the green show). When he was much older he started watching Hogans Hero’s. He like this one so much he eventually new all the biographies of the actors.
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Commander Cody, aka George Frayne, Roots-Rock Band Leader and ‘Hot Rod Lincoln’ Singer, Dies at 77

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Commander Cody, aka George Frayne, Roots-Rock Band Leader and ‘Hot Rod Lincoln’ Singer, Dies at 77

RIP George.

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
MrBreeze wrote:

RIP George.

Link

One of the best car songs ever. Thanks George. RIP

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
Xevin wrote:
MrBreeze wrote:

RIP George.

Link

One of the best car songs ever. Thanks George. RIP

Was originally released in 1955 by Charlie Ryan..........Done many times, by MANY different bands...Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen....had it go to number 9 on the Billboard charts.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Sam Riddle, one of the "Boss Radio" DJ's in the 1960's at LA station KHJ 930AM, 83. I miss listening to those guys...
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Tommy Kirk age 79 died today. He was the child star of "the Shaggy Dog" and "Old Yeller".
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Michael Tylo Soap Opera actor
https://celebratingthesoaps.com/general-hospital/soap-opera-veteran-michael-tylo-passes-away-at-73/
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Lonnie Smith jazz musician

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/1041372956/dr-lonnie-smith-master-of-the-hammond-organ-dies-at-79

Link

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Sam Riddle, one of the "Boss Radio" DJ's in the 1960's at LA station KHJ 930AM, 83. I miss listening to those guys...

They were famous, and about all that was decent on the cheap AM transistor radios we had back then ('60s).

But the sped-up records and all the talk over the intro drove me to FM in the '70s, and I never looked back. Most did the same and AM music radio was dead.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

They were famous, and about all that was decent on the cheap AM transistor radios we had back then ('60s).

But the sped-up records and all the talk over the intro drove me to FM in the '70s, and I never looked back. Most did the same and AM music radio was dead.

So you started listening to Dr. Demento instead? Razz
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Really, more like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw1iXWr0WvU
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

So you started listening to Dr. Demento instead? Razz

Not sure why I posted this. Just a fan of the Dr. and Frank. Carry on with more dead people. Sorry I hijacked.

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:

By FM, do you mean the movie from 1978 (poster below) that got a 6.3/10 rating on IMDb.com? Laughing

All joking aside, FM has better sound quality than AM and is less sensitive to interference that causes static on AM radio. That is probably the main reason why rock stations switched to FM. The advantage of AM is that it carries longer distances than FM. In Los Angeles, 50,000 watt KFI, at 640 on the dial, can be heard at night in Boise, Idaho.

Getting back to Sam Riddle, here is a YouTube video of Sam with Jan & Dean in Hawaii. "Aloha a Go Go" is a take off on Hollywood A Go Go -- a music and dance TV show that Sam hosted from Dec 1964 to Feb 1966.

Link

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

MrBreeze wrote:
Melvin Van Peebles, Godfather of Black Cinema, Dies at 89

There was an excellent episode of Fresh Air with Terry Gross today, with old interviews from him and more recent interviews with his son Mario. I had no idea what an amazing guy Melvin Van Peebles was. Wow, what a life!
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Celebrity Death Watch! Official RIP when they DIE thread... Reply with quote

–The United States lost one of its longest living patriots on Saturday.
World War II veteran Sandy Walton passed away at the age of 102 surrounded by his family in Santa Monica, CA.

Walton was one of America’s oldest living WWII veterans.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 412, 413, 414  Next
Jump to:
Page 321 of 414

Jump to: