Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quitting drinking
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Abscate wrote:
I’ve kicked the “black water of death” habit , known as cola, with a permittedrelapse for pizza night. That crap will kill you as sure as alcohol, but doesn’t have the demon factor of course.

Kudos to all of you who have slayed that demon, and I wish you all well.

Any tips/ tricks/ substitute intakes you'd care to share? I drink 5-6 colas a day

La Croix or other non-sugary carbonated drinks if you like the "bubbles".

When I quit Coke I quit cold turkey and suffered through some headaches for a few days but if you don't want to or can't do that, wean yourself off it by cutting down to 4/3/2/1/zero. This works better for some people. I've done it for some other things.

THIS. I was never a 5/6 a day person but 1-2 yes. I do still like rootbeer with my pizza, or occasional in n out burger. I bring my own since theirs has caffeine. Along with that, I quit eating fast food. It's terrible for you. I do like an in-n-out burger but all of that is pretty fresh no preservatives, and maybe a couple times a year. Once you quit drinking soda, drinking a soda is gross.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
EverettB wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Abscate wrote:
I’ve kicked the “black water of death” habit , known as cola, with a permittedrelapse for pizza night. That crap will kill you as sure as alcohol, but doesn’t have the demon factor of course.

Any tips/ tricks/ substitute intakes you'd care to share? I drink 5-6 colas a day

When I quit Coke I quit cold turkey and suffered through some headaches for a few days but if you don't want to or can't do that, wean yourself off it by cutting down to 4/3/2/1/zero. This works better for some people. I've done it for some other things.

THIS. I was never a 5/6 a day person but 1-2 yes. I do still like rootbeer with my pizza, or occasional in n out burger. I bring my own since theirs has caffeine. Along with that, I quit eating fast food. It's terrible for you. I do like an in-n-out burger but all of that is pretty fresh no preservatives, and maybe a couple times a year. Once you quit drinking soda, drinking a soda is gross.

Just my luck...

https://www.eatthis.com/la-croix-healthy/

I have WAAYYY more dental problems than anything else these days, so that one is out.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

sb001 wrote:
Erik G wrote:
EverettB wrote:
sb001 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Just my luck...

https://www.eatthis.com/la-croix-healthy/

I have WAAYYY more dental problems than anything else these days, so that one is out.

Ohhh, bummer.

I'm always drinking water too so my mouth gets rinsed. I'm not sure if negates the issue or not.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

One day at a time (sometimes one minute at a time Wink ) has equaled 14,611 days for me Shocked
40 years ago today I had my last drink after driving the Small Wonder short bus in a parade in downtown Ft. Collins, CO.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
typ914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

I have a large collection of whiskeys, bourbons, rums, and a few others I have collected over the years from micro craft distilleries. Funny thing is I almost never drink. Maybe once a month. If I had any friends I would have a tasting party.

On another note my drink of choice is unsweet tea. I was working on a deck in the middle of summer and was drinking a LOT of tea to to stay hydrated. Ended up overdosing on caffeine. Man that was fun.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

Year two in the rear-view mirror, still dry. I don't miss it, I am waiting to get pulled over, "have you been drinking"? Oh no Ocifer, not me.... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

It's been over 20 yrs. for me , Don't miss them 'Hangovers' one bit Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

July 4th 1996 I was just out of jail for the last time... so far Rolling Eyes

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SLO-N-LO-69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Quitting drinking Reply with quote

I had to quit because it was wrecking my stomach and adding to anxiety problems I had at the time. I know a couple people referenced the amount of money saved and that it true! I can't believe the amount of money I used to spend on it. Going on three years for me. I don't miss hangovers for sure but I definitely hate all the body pain that I feel now. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: