Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

the gat keeper- [email protected] -DJ Yates-Herbie VW UK
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: the gat keeper
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 17, 2024
metahacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: the gat keeper- [email protected] -DJ Yates-Herbie VW UK Reply with quote

I purchased a complete set of locks/handles for a late Bay bus from this user.

This included 2 keys, the ignition lock, trunk lock, engine lid lock, front door handles, sliding door handle and sliding door lock cylinder.

He claimed that the parts were "hand picked, 'mint' re-chromed genuine VW" (this language is taken directly from his email)
and that the ignition cylinder and key were both NOS.

Quite simply, this description was not accurate.

The 3 door handles DID appear to be rechromed.
The parts WERE genuine VW.
Those two aspects were accurate.

With regards to the "mint" "rechromed" door handles, there is what appears to be rust bubbles showing underneath the chrome on all of them. The sliding door handle is where it is most noticeable.

In my opinion, the ignition lock is clearly not NOS. It looks very used. No box either. (Although, he made sure to photograph all the parts with VW printed packaging as the backdrop....)

All of the lock cylinders look much worse than the very used 43 year old original ones on my car now.

The trunk and engine lock handle assemblies were NOT mint, and were NOT rechromed as claimed.
They were simply used parts.
One had chips in the chrome, and the other had very noticeable scratches.

I contacted the seller several times after receiving the items, and he would no longer respond to my emails.
He was VERY responsive before the purchase and has been completely radio silent afterwards.

I would say that this is a strong indicator that he knowingly misrepresented the parts.

I am very disappointed with my purchase, particularly because I seem to have been purposefully misled and then totally ignored once I reached out after the sale.

I even reached out and proposed a compromise where he would simply replace only the sliding door handle, and I would just make do with the misrepresented parts... and, again, he was totally unresponsive.

I would recommend that you DO NOT do business with this seller.
My opinion after this experience is that he is simply not a good and honest person interesting in fair dealings
and that he is simply here to make money, not build relationships or treat the community with respect.

I have spoken to others about him and I have been told that he has a bad reputation in the UK.
gmoney1227
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: the gat keeper- [email protected] -DJ Yates-Herbie VW UK Reply with quote

metahacker wrote:
I purchased a complete set of locks/handles for a late Bay bus from this user.

This included 2 keys, the ignition lock, trunk lock, engine lid lock, front door handles, sliding door handle and sliding door lock cylinder.

He claimed that the parts were "hand picked, 'mint' re-chromed genuine VW" (this language is taken directly from his email)
and that the ignition cylinder and key were both NOS.

Quite simply, this description was not accurate.

The 3 door handles DID appear to be rechromed.
The parts WERE genuine VW.
Those two aspects were accurate.

With regards to the "mint" "rechromed" door handles, there is what appears to be rust bubbles showing underneath the chrome on all of them. The sliding door handle is where it is most noticeable.

In my opinion, the ignition lock is clearly not NOS. It looks very used. No box either. (Although, he made sure to photograph all the parts with VW printed packaging as the backdrop....)

All of the lock cylinders look much worse than the very used 43 year old original ones on my car now.

The trunk and engine lock handle assemblies were NOT mint, and were NOT rechromed as claimed.
They were simply used parts.
One had chips in the chrome, and the other had very noticeable scratches.

I contacted the seller several times after receiving the items, and he would no longer respond to my emails.
He was VERY responsive before the purchase and has been completely radio silent afterwards.

I would say that this is a strong indicator that he knowingly misrepresented the parts.

I am very disappointed with my purchase, particularly because I seem to have been purposefully misled and then totally ignored once I reached out after the sale.

I even reached out and proposed a compromise where he would simply replace only the sliding door handle, and I would just make do with the misrepresented parts... and, again, he was totally unresponsive.

I would recommend that you DO NOT do business with this seller.
My opinion after this experience is that he is simply not a good and honest person interesting in fair dealings
and that he is simply here to make money, not build relationships or treat the community with respect.

I have spoken to others about him and I have been told that he has a bad reputation in the UK.

Hi, I’m in communication with him about a similar part. Did he ever get back to you correcting this?
metahacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: the gat keeper- [email protected] -DJ Yates-Herbie VW UK Reply with quote

gmoney1227 wrote:

Hi, I’m in communication with him about a similar part. Did he ever get back to you correcting this?

He refunded my money without any fuss and I shipped the stuff back to the UK.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: