Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

license plate bracket backup camera for Westy?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

I am looking to make backing up my new westy less, um, risky. Any recommendations for a license plate mount system that can talk to my phone wirelessly?
I searched but surprisingly, didn't find the topic covered.
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

For those who can’t back up the old fashion way, this seems to be the hot set up lately.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=751159&highlight=camera

I stick to my properly adjusted mirrors and my horn, but I’m old school…
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

my brother put a digital rear view mirror in his camper.. no more blind spots and has night vision..

but I suspect you'll get a buncha , "nope we just do it the old fashioned way" posts in this thread.
no one adds anything to an old bus but new dents.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

I didn’t know those existed. How cool. Being blind in my left eye and lacking depth perception, that could be real nice in the 72 Campmobile. That early camper set up has a ton of blind spots.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

The solution from the link looks great! No need for the iPhone, it's just built into the mirror, and it records. I ordered from Walmart online (Amazon apparently doesn't carry it anymore), and will set it up as others posted. This looks very promising, thanks!
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
The solution from the link looks great! No need for the iPhone, it's just built into the mirror, and it records. I ordered from Walmart online (Amazon apparently doesn't carry it anymore), and will set it up as others posted. This looks very promising, thanks!

It is still available on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/ViviLink-Control-Waterproof...amp;sr=8-8

It is now $69.99. You will not be disappointed.
(sold - but not forgotten)
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: license plate bracket backup camera for Westy? Reply with quote

Ahh, glad it's there now. Links failed and searching didn't find it. Maybe they were in the middle of updating things?
These have sure come a long way in the last 2-3 years!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: