Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vermont registration and NADA value
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Vermont registration and NADA value Reply with quote

I am currently applying for VT papers for several cars, and it's been a few years since I've done this. When using the NADA website, you get three values, low, average, and high. Obviously I'd prefer to be taxed on the low value, but I imagine they use the average or high value. I'm afraid if I call I'll just get the highest possible value..
Can anyone lend some insight to this? Maybe send in a check for tax based on the low value and pray it is accepted?
Thanks. SD
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Vermont registration and NADA value Reply with quote

For the ones I have done it is bill of sale price or low book value for them (which ever is higher)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vermont registration and NADA value Reply with quote

I live in Vermont and they said medium value or bill of sale which ever is higher.
6% sales tax.
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vermont registration and NADA value Reply with quote

So I ended up home with a sick kid today and sat on hold w the Vt DMV till someone answered. The official answer is (for cars 73 and older) to use the low retail value given on the NADA site. Which is good by me, as the average value is 2X or more the low value. Win!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: