Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

campism wrote:
Here you go. For a mere $8,500 you get a grungy, long-parked Westy loaded with someone's crap.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/181422600727880

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I would buy that interior for a decent bit but not that much haha
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Typo, or are we really approaching 7 figures for restored Vanagons?

(Please note the sarcasm in the above question. I assume that it is indeed a typo)

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2498743
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Even removing a zero, that price is still ridiculous.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WedgeAntillies wrote:

(Please note the sarcasm in the above question. I assume that it is indeed a typo)

You'd think a million dollar van would warrant at least one photo of the entire van, wouldn't you? And the double post of the front photo casts doubt on their attention to detail... Rolling Eyes
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WedgeAntillies wrote:

Porsche tax.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
WedgeAntillies wrote:

You'd think a million dollar van would warrant at least one photo of the entire van, wouldn't you? And the double post of the front photo casts doubt on their attention to detail... Rolling Eyes

Everything is expensive in the Golden State.......

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mtnhome Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I've got a set of CLK's that are way nicer that I'll sell for 1/2 of what this guy is trying to get....
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wto/d/wellesley-hills-mercedes-benz-oem-w208/7375087683.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a whine, but this thing looks freakin' awesome. I almost want to get it... just to have it. I'm kind of surprised there are not treads on the front, but I guess then you wouldn't be able to put on skis!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2501643
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I thought I read this add at first for $500 for a Westy interior. When I looked again it said $5000!!!

What are people thinking? I sold a complete interior (just the cabinets) for $750.

Insane...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2494714

Last edited by PDXWesty on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yeah that ain't cheap. How long ago did you sell yours? It looks to be very complete and in good condition so there is that. And I guess the value of my factory Westy just went up again!
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

PDXWesty wrote:
I thought I read this add at first for $500 for a Westy interior. When I looked again it said $5000!!!

What are people thinking? I sold a complete interior (just the cabinets) for $750.

Insane...

THey're thinking they're not making them anymore. I've built my own interior now but would have paid at least a couple k for that interior at one point, couldn't find one, so now I am living with my own rough but adequate carpentry.

5k is a lot though. 750 and I would have driven well not to portland but someplace where I couldn't make the drive in one day? yes.
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I guess you can ask for whatever you want and see if something sticks. I would be more inclined to price it at $2500 because it does include everything a Westy needs to make it work.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$2500 is reasonable. If there was a set at that price for sale locally I would be looking under couch cushions.

But at some price point, building it yourself or even having a professional cabinet maker build it starts to make a lot more sense. At $5k I'm buying plywood and pulling out the table saw.
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Reasonable is in the mind of the one doing the reasoning. I'm giving away spare parts because gaining space in my house is a larger priority.

If I had the time and patience, and didn't care about the space being taken up, I would be selling the same parts at a prices that would draw the ire of many. Then again, I don't have to sell each part to the many; just once each.

Someone may want originality over custom, no matter how mad the carpentry skills are. I certainly aroused the haters simply because I wanted a komfort blinker. At any rate, the question for a potential buyer may be: How often am I going to see a seemingly complete and beautiful set like this?

We all know the answer is somewhere between never and who knows.

I could start a thread on things I didn't purchase even though I could have afforded it because I thought the price was too high only to see it sold and me regretting not forking over the extra moolah ... and I would easily have a dozen posts.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

How much would Rhino Designs (or any custom maker) charge for cabinets? This has the advantage of being original. A Rhino Designs (etc.) has the advantage of far better space utilization and customization as needed. If the custom cabinets are as well designed and executed as Westy cabinets they'll cost at least a few grand. These aren't just parts, they're a substitute for an alternative that's quite expensive (or cheap if cobbled together with 2x4s). Regardless, $5K is at the high end of the range.

https://rhinodesignstudio.com/vw-vanagon-consoles/

PDXWesty wrote:

Insane...

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I'm still looking for an interior like that for my AW, problem is out west the vans dont rust and their value so high its worth it to fix them regardless of shape. Seems only in the rust belt people are parting vans out and interiors pop up, unfortunately nearly impossible to get someone to deal with shipping etc. Sigh.. shall be patient.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WestyWanter wrote:
I'm still looking for an interior like that for my AW, problem is out west the vans dont rust and their value so high its worth it to fix them regardless of shape. Seems only in the rust belt people are parting vans out and interiors pop up, unfortunately nearly impossible to get someone to deal with shipping etc. Sigh.. shall be patient.
Interesting thoughts, except, the only Interiors I tend to see here on Samba are all West Coast located, or at least west of the Rockies.... Think Think
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
WestyWanter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I've seen 4 interiors this month in the NE/midwest complete
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

WestyWanter wrote:
I've seen 4 interiors this month in the NE/midwest complete
Here on Samba or other site?... Confused Confused
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
Diy2k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 130 of 137

Jump to: