Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2650, 2651, 2652 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Woah, there is a ton of jacked up stuff on that Bus now that I look closer.

I missed those cargo hinges, that is crazy.

Quote:
car has a lot of history

This sounds like a situation where you find out some stuff that haunts you for life
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Another reason OG buses will always be superior.
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
a smith wrote:
The dog leg and B pillar looks really bad.

Who needs seams?
I especially like those rust bubbles popping up on the now conjoined dog leg/B pillar and on the lower edge of the cargo door. True quality work right there.

I had a bus once that the previous owner had bondoed every last body seam, and then painted it with a paint roller. It was an almost rust free west coast bus too, took forever to dig out all the bondo.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
a smith wrote:
The dog leg and B pillar looks really bad.

Who needs seams?
I especially like those rust bubbles popping up on the now conjoined dog leg/B pillar and on the lower edge of the cargo door. True quality work right there.

I had a bus once that the previous owner had bondoed every last body seam, and then painted it with a paint roller. It was an almost rust free west coast bus too, took forever to dig out all the bondo.

From those camera angles that cargo door rocker shouldn't be as visible as it is... Maybe bondo over a 2x4 for that rocker panel. This is insane pricing for this butchery. Damn near a zero too many on the end of the price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bendango
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Crazy time. At what price would it become a scam????

WANTED - [WTB] 55-62 Bus Thin Lip Package Tray SWR

Getting Used - SWR 60 westy copy built by vw ( apparently Rolling Eyes )
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320866

Braukuche wrote:
Where did you find the elephant dick?
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just noticed by looking at the rear apron that it has a Brazilian push button engine lid. $6,999 is way closer to the sales price it should be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think if you have been a Samba member since 2006 as the seller seems to be they should know a bus of this "quality" is going to be talked about and not in a good way. The seller should know better, unfortunately they will end up finding a buyer that does not..... Until it is to late.
widehatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

i know my eyes are getting bad as i age but is there something funky going on with the roof or is there a fabric headliner in the cargo area of that panel?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

widehatch wrote:
i know my eyes are getting bad as i age but is there something funky going on with the roof or is there a fabric headliner in the cargo area of that panel?

Ad again
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2499439

Pic
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice catch, it looks like it has a headliner in the cargo area
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is the heater missing?
¿Sem calor?

Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Quote:
Ad again
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2499439

"...pictures speak for themselves."

True that.

chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2500994
some people see the glass as half empty this seller definitely sees it as half full. Um... you gunna need a little more than port-A-power to fix this thing, buddy. while flip seats are rare the only thing worth saving that is this far gone is something in the barndoor era. I think he missed the mark by about 5k on the price
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
some people see the glass as half empty this seller definitely sees it as half full. Um... you gunna need a little more than port-A-power to fix this thing, buddy. while flip seats are rare the only thing worth saving that is this far gone is something in the barndoor era. I think he missed the mark by about 5k on the price

I see that glass as being totally empty. I think that the price is $7,000 high if the person has to remove it from the property, $6,500 high if they could grab every usable part and leave the rest. The bus is straight up bodydropping it's self. The below picture is the good side.

1963 Flipseat Price: $6600

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
chris henry wrote:

I see that glass as being totally empty. I think that the price is $7,000 high if the person has to remove it from the property, $6,500 high if they could grab every usable part and leave the rest. The bus is straight up bodydropping it's self. The below picture is the good side.

1963 Flipseat Price: $6600

I was giving most of that $1600 value to the flipseat and arms that he says comes with it. 4 rims, core transmission, maybe a good front end or at least spindles, rear hatch, doors look blown out at the bottom. I see a curtain rod laying in there, but yes only for the hungry. At my age, the effort would out weight the gains for sure
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
I was giving most of that $1600 value to the flipseat and arms that he says comes with it. 4 rims, core transmission, maybe a good front end or at least spindles, rear hatch, doors look blown out at the bottom. I see a curtain rod laying in there, but yes only for the hungry. At my age, the effort would out weight the gains for sure
I was being a bit facetious, but I totally agree with you, not worth the effort. Of course if the seller posted pictures of taking it to the scrapper, some people here would freak out that he was killing it. A bus like that is simply a no win situation.

The math on buses in general, westies and especially flipseat westies says that you have to buy a near complete nice example or your will get seriously upside down in a hurry.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Set of 4 Barndoor wheels for 10000:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2501294

I'm not sure if this is a typo or in US $ or Euros (which is ~US$11,600)

$10000 would be crazy, $1000 might be cheap as they look good
Burlyhammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I wonder if the seller would throw in a set of hubcap clips and rivets?
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Updated. Looks like they're cheap, for someone in need.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Updated. Looks like they're cheap, for someone in need.

Cool, looks like a 2/55, a 2/53, a 3/53 and one I can't read.
I have a 2/55 Bus but I have wheels.
If anyone in the USA buys them, I have a couple others I'd trade for the 2/55 one anyway, don't mind having a spare.
Casey Cash
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

These appear to me to be off a Bay window bus icebox, not the split window ice box or spice rack door piece. I always thought the support leg on split window was centered.

TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - Westfalia ice box table original
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2501832

TheSamba.com :: VW Classifieds - Westfalia spice rack magazine rack original
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2501830

There are several similar westfalia parts from 66 to 69/70. Pattern is correct, but some of the white trim is a heavier grade on large table. Not sure about door table.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2650, 2651, 2652 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2651 of 2710

Jump to: