Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat Replacement
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUGNBAJA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Seat Replacement Reply with quote

My wife wants to replace the seats in her '74 they sit too high for her. We are thinking of going with some Honda/ Acura seats or aftermarket racing style seats. Are there adapter brackets out there that will work with the tripod seat sliders or do I have to fab something up? I've seen some adapters for MK1 VWs from Planted that use the same style of tripod mount that will work for a 74 Scirocco but not a Beetle.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Replacement Reply with quote

I just got a set of seat adapters in the mail this last week from Corbeau, and was planning on going with seats from them. They look to be very well made, and come with double locking sliders. They will be going in my 73 super beetle, but all the 73-79 beetle/super use the same three point/pedestal mount for the seats. I'm unsure what other brands of seats share the same mounting bolt pattern, but I'll gladly measure them for you. If i"m not mistaken Scirocco and MKI VW are a couple inches further apart at the rear legs.

If you would like I can get you some pictures of the brackets, and some test fit pictures once I pull one of my seats to start taking measurements.

I was considering their Sport, GTS-II, or A4 seats for my application, with the A4 sitting the lowest of their selections from what I can see.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BUGNBAJA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Seat Replacement Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Replacement Reply with quote

Perhaps an option. Honda Accord power leather seats with seat heaters. From a 2003 Accord coupe. You need a coupe so the seat will flip forward for back seat access. You have to fabricate your own mounting adapters. Or possibly the Race Trim seat adapter might be able to be modified.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I made this adapter frame to mount the seat and it did work but I needed the seat lower.

Here is the fabricated seat adapter frame mounted in the 1973 Bug. It is mounted solid to the 3 point 1973 mounts. The seat adjusting is accomplished wit the donor seat

Seat heater wiring needs to be figured out by installer.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Replacement Reply with quote

Quote:
If i"m not mistaken Scirocco and MKI VW are a couple inches further apart at the rear legs.

That's right, Ling.

BUGNBAJA: Scirocco's first model year was '75. If you can find a pair of Mk1 Scirocco seats, those would work very well for your Beetle. They are height-adustable, with the rear of the cushion having at least a few inches of vertical movement using a release arm on the outboard side. My '77 Scirocco had such an adjustment; you'd have to check the owner's manual for the '75 and '76 if they also did but I imagine so due to the generally lower height of the car.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: