Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What Years Did They Make the 23 Window?
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

I was wondering real quick what was the last year of the 23 window. I wanted to confirm, my memory is failing me haha
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

Real quick answer Wink https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/dic/

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

51-67, I believe.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

Actually, "they" are still making them today... making them out of non-23 window Buses in order to flip them and make more money!
Wink
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

Stockholm VW wrote:
51-67, I believe.

Well, when the rear hatch got wider the corner windows were no longer, so then they were 'just' 21 windows and not 23..
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

1970PAKombi wrote:
I was wondering real quick what was the last year of the 23 window. I wanted to confirm, my memory is failing me haha

As someone else said, when the rear hatch got larger for 1964, the corner windows were discontinued so 1964-67 are 21-Windows.

1951 was also the first year, as stated above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

esde wrote:
Stockholm VW wrote:
51-67, I believe.

Well, when the rear hatch got wider the corner windows were no longer, so then they were 'just' 21 windows and not 23..

Thank you so much, THIS was what I thought/knew already. I just wanted to confirm.

(Long story short, saw a Brazilian 23 at a car show this weekend from '1967')

I wasn't 'that guy', I just said "Whoa! What a nice bus! What year is it?" seeing the wrong trim, seats, turn signal, bumpers, etc.

He goes "It's a 1967, the last year they made them" and I was like "Nice man!"
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
1970PAKombi wrote:

As someone else said, when the rear hatch got larger for 1964, the corner windows were discontinued so 1964-67 are 21-Windows.

Thanks, I knew/figured as much. Saw a Brazilian at a car show that people were oogling and knew right away it was such. Not poo-poo'ing at all, but the guy was telling everyone it was a 1967 23 Window Bus; the last year they made them and I knew that wasn't correct.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

1970PAKombi wrote:
EverettB wrote:
1970PAKombi wrote:

Thanks, I knew/figured as much. Saw a Brazilian at a car show that people were oogling and knew right away it was such. Not poo-poo'ing at all, but the guy was telling everyone it was a 1967 23 Window Bus; the last year they made them and I knew that wasn't correct.

He might have bought it advertised that way, there have been a lot of Brazilian Buses that seem to be advertised in the past with "early" years.

I'm pretty sure most of them were not mid-1960s built Buses but I think there are some actual 1967 Brazilian Buses too.

They were not 23-Windows though, it would still be a roof conversion.

Most of the time it's not worth correcting or arguing with these people.
(If they get argumentative)
Let them enjoy it.
If I get into a longer conversation with them or they ask some specifics, then I might get into stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1970PAKombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
1970PAKombi wrote:
EverettB wrote:
1970PAKombi wrote:

He might have bought it advertised that way, there have been a lot of Brazilian Buses that seem to be advertised in the past with "early" years.

I'm pretty sure most of them were not mid-1960s built Buses but I think there are some actual 1967 Brazilian Buses too.

They were not 23-Windows though, it would still be a roof conversion.

Most of the time it's not worth correcting or arguing with these people.
(If they get argumentative)
Let them enjoy it.
If I get into a longer conversation with them or they ask some specifics, then I might get into stuff.

Oh I would never do that. It's not my place to rain on someone's parade. But yes, I am sure he either purchased it as a 1967 or it was advertised as such.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: What Years Did They Make the 23 Window? Reply with quote

Probably referring to the last year of the Split, in context, that is correct.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: