Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche 997 seats information needed
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Only Buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Porsche 997 seats information needed Reply with quote

Today, I picked up some 997 seats for one of my buggy projects. They are the right size shape and comfort I'm looking for and do not have the airbags installed. I need some help understanding them though. The pair I got are manually adjustable forward and back and have a lever on the side to raise and lower the front of the seat. There is a release knob to fold the seat back forward. Beside the raise/lower lever is an electrical switch.
What is this switch for? Does it adjust the backrest forward and back?

These seats came with the tracks removed and don't have the track adjustment lever. Where can I find this lever? Or can I use on from another seat?

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to taking a drive on these seats.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 997 seats information needed Reply with quote

Just a guess but the switch could be for heated seats. Is it a rocker switch, high/low?
Only Buggin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 997 seats information needed Reply with quote

Haven't had time to sort out the wiring but I'm pretty sure the switch is not for heat. The back rest of the each seat is in a different position. The switch itself is a momentary contact, either forward or back. Pretty sure it adjusts the back rest. I think the seat may,have heat in it but it was probably controlled from a switch on the console. Right now my biggest concern is finding the seat track adjustment lever. I'm pretty sure I can fab one if necessary. Just hoping to find that part without having to buy a whole seat.
pitargue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche 997 seats information needed Reply with quote

Most likely lumbar support via adding/removing air.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: