Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Crate engine?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emittim3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Crate engine? Reply with quote

What would be a short list of recommended re-manufactured crate engine providers for a 2002 Eurovan (VR6)?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Crate engine? Reply with quote

I’m not sure you can still get a crate AXK new but good used will run $2-4k plus shipping
Emittim3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Crate engine? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I’m not sure you can still get a crate AXK new but good used will run $2-4k plus shipping

Yep - didn't mean new. Rebuilt is what I was referring to.

What rebuilders would be recommended?
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Crate engine? Reply with quote

Emittim3 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Yep - didn't mean new. Rebuilt is what I was referring to.

What rebuilders would be recommended?

Are there any even? Rebuilding engines is mostly a thing of the past, outside of vintage and high performance applications. There are fewer and fewer shops equipped with the knowledge and tools to do this work, likewise with machine shops.

I just did a quick survey of engine parts on RockAuto, and bearings, pistons and such don't seem to be available. I'm sure if you hunted hard enough you could scare most of that stuff up, but the reasonable solution here is to find a used low mileage unit and rock on.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: