Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Today is the third day in a row this week of driving it to work, 90 miles round trip from my house in Antioch, to my work in San Francisco. I also drove it to work twice last week. Running great, by the end of the day I'll have put around 600 miles on the engine with all the miscellaneous driving I've done on top of commuting, Plan to change the oil and filter again this weekend, second oil change after the first immediately after break-in of the build.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
Today is the third day in a row this week of driving it to work, 90 miles round trip from my house in Antioch, to my work in San Francisco. I also drove it to work twice last week. Running great, by the end of the day I'll have put around 600 miles on the engine with all the miscellaneous driving I've done on top of commuting, Plan to change the oil and filter again this weekend, second oil change after the first immediately after break-in of the build.

Excellent!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Beautiful day for a drive about 43 degrees sunny.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sunrise getting ready to caravan down to a VW car show with about 10 other vehicles.

Beginning mileage

Cruising

Ending miles I covered 133 miles and in the process rolled over 100,000 car ran like a top.

This explains it better than I can especially on what the engine can handle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDLsZHaXZOo

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

^^^ Congrats on 100K miles.

I drove the Connecticut VW Assoc. foliage cruise today. There were over 30 air cooled VW, Porsche, and Corvair cars. We drove along Long Island sound and up the Connecticut river valley.

The cruise finished at Gillette Castle overlooking the river.

Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Good going, Lost69! Traditionally such cruises tend to travel slowly. Did you have a good drive there and back at highway speeds, with your engine work from the past few months?
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

My engine is running well. On the highway at 70 mph and during slow foliage cruising it was smooth driving all day.

We got on the road at 7AM this morning. Temperature was mid 50's and the top was up. With the flaps working and a thermostat installed - the heat in the car is much better than before.
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

It was a great day for traveling, went to Farmington VW Show and then back home. It was a 174 mile round trip. We started off early, left the house just after 5AM to meet with the group at rendezvous point. One car in our group did decide to lay down, but we were still able to enjoy the remainder of the day. The '76 ran great the entire way.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

It was a good day for a drive and VW show here in Texas as well. Cool

Hit the road at 6am and headed down to the VW Harvest just outside Austin, enjoyed the show while also scoring a few items at the swap meet, then rolled on back home. All told, I racked up 434 miles today.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Hey it sure is great to hear all these testimonials about folks enjoying their VWs. I hope someone reading this thread will be emboldened to take off down the road and make some new memories.
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

A beautiful fall weekend in Southern Germany so I made some excursions with my my 1974 sahara beige Super to a vineyard and with my marina blue 1973 Standard Beetle (Sparkäfer) to the castle of Hohenurach:

olorin67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Been driving my new to me 1974 Ravenna Green Love Bug everywhere last couple days. Really runs nice, and the heat works!! It needs a few things.. but previous owner restored most of the mechanicals. Main projects to do are fuel filler hoses, and replacing the missing thermostat system. Has a crappy modern stereo, with under dash speakers, already got a original AM radio to go in, and an under dash 8 track player that has an FM tuner In it. This weekend I’m picking up a set of the correct sport wheels for it.

Last edited by olorin67 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
CWAVE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Coming back from grocery shopping with my favorite car.

Thomas

unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I did yesterday, and kept honking the horn, because now it works!! We've had the '77 for about 5 years, and never had a functional horn.

It's the (silly) simple things in life!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Phoenix weather was 91F, drove the 1971 convertible, nice !

And later Mrs. Cusser took it to dinner at Cold Beers and Cheeseburgers !
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Fall driving with my brother´s 1970 Clementine Standard and my 1984 Mexican

Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

^^^ Alex - I always enjoy your pictures from Germany.

I drove the Hudson Valley Foliage Cruise on Sunday. After days and nights of rain, the weather cleared up beautifully. Samba member Rome didn't have time for the full cruise. But he was there at the start and we had some coffee. Good times.

The cruise stopped near the top of Bear Mtn. The sun and view from this overlook was wonderful.

There were about 40+ VWs on this cruise.

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Wow, what an awesome cruise around the Hudson valley and Bear Mountain! I was up in Jersey this weekend for some family events, that would have been a great addition to the trip, even though I didn't drive the Bug on this trip.

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Lost69, glad you and the other cruise participants had a good time and drive! For the benefit of others around the world in Samba land who do not know our area, your 2nd photo is the Hudson River with the Bear Mountain Bridge over which the group drove. Seen from the lookout point at Perkins Memorial Drive at the summit of Bear Mtn. West Point Military Academy is north of there, just out of the picture on the left on the west side of the river.

Here's a shot of your '79 as each column of cars left. Samba member dmeffert with his turquoise '61 sunroof Beetle is next to you. vamram- Classic VW Bugs' shop did not advertise the event in theSamba listings, so it did not have the large exposure as past shows. Lost69 mentioned you in our coffee conversation, for all the driving you have done in the past 2 years in your '73 Super Beetle!

Here are a few more shots. This one is with the group ready to leave. The vertical cliffs of the quarry in the left background can be seen in the distant background in the movie "The Hot Rock" (1972) in the scene where Dortmunder and Greenberg (Robert Redford, Paul Sand) are fishing at the small lake and planning the explosives for their upcoming diamond robbery.

Joe's '54 Beetle in foreground has a Judson supercharger on its 36 hp engine. It, and the 2 next Beetles were restored by the Classic VW Bugs shop. The 3rd Beetle, the light green metallic oval, was recently finished and Dave, the owner from South Dakota Very Happy came to the cruise and drove it.
olorin67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove mine all over this weekend, to Madison, Wi, to Spooner, Wi, then Minneapolis and lacrosse. Put 900 miles on the Love Bug, and picked up a set of the correct rims, and an 8 track player with FM tuner for it.
here it is along the Mississippi on my way home.
unclewede
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Just a boy and his dog Very Happy

It was a beautiful Fall day in SoCal (so, 69 instead of 71) on Friday, and all I needed was some sandpaper from Home Depot.

Took the dog, got the sandpaper, some furniture dollies, and some wood stain. All with the window down and my arm out. Dog sat with her nose out the wing window.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 106, 107, 108  Next
Jump to:
Page 83 of 108

Jump to: