Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Osku's Vans
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

Osku wrote:
Tölkkifoorumi.fi perinteiset kesäkauden päättäjäiset 9.10.2021

Last weekend we had the season finale meeting for the Tölkki Foorumi VW club in Finland. This club allows all busses and vans pickups etc but consists mostly of T3 and especially syncros. But there were besides the T3 model also at least an LT Syncro an T1 and an T4 pickup participating. Cars came and went so I might have missed something.
I came with the Oettinger IC to the meet.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quite a few good looking vans there! I really like the variety of colours represented - over here they tend to be Flash Silver and Pastel White...
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

In Finland the most common factory colors for T3 are:
Pale blue
Beige
White
Blue metallic
Red metallic
+ military cammo but I'm not sure can one call it factory as all the armys in europepainted there own. the ones in the picture are Finnish armylances
89-T3 Syncro 1.6TD JX Oettinger Intercooler 90HP
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I have got my T1 foreward a bitt again this is where we stand.

Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I have worked on My 65 again . What comes to the engine its almost there, I still need to overhaul the generator and then I,m still lacking the plate under the thermostate the flaps inside the fan housing the thermostate and the thermostate bracket. Any suggestions whoo sells them? What comes to the thermostate Ibhave heard rumors that the OEM is hard to find and the aftermarket is bad. According to some the aftermarket fails in closed position in comparison the OEM fails in open position witch is much safer.

Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I have been runing around a few hundred kilomeeter in the ALH syncro during X-mas break its realy nice now in Finland the weather is cold enogh that the salt wont bit and hench the roads are nice and dry. Just a perfect Syncro weather.
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

looks great! the motor for your other bus looks like its coming along well.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I´m still wondering should I disasemble the exhaust with the heatexchangers and all, and cermic coat it. The paint that is on the new parts, feels pretty much like it would perisch the moment I start the engine. Has anybody any experiense with ceramIck coating the heatexchangers and what happens to the flapmechanism if one does that, will it glue togather or will it be just fine?
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I bought a Fiamma F45 S 300 cm to use on my van`s I have an slight issue with it ratling when driving on more bumpy roads. Does some one know how to remedy that it is mounted solidly on the car it is is the markise it self that seem to ratle.

Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I had my sommer trip this yearfrom Helsinki to Lahti then Tampere Vaas Umaja sweden down the Högakusten then to Tronheim Norwy and down the norwegian coast a bit then through Geiranger to Grisslehamn from ther to Åland then Turku and back home to Helsinki

Everything went fin until Åland where I got an Electric gremlin the main plus diapeared and I had to connect it directly from the battery to the ignition switch to gwt home

Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

From the trip in general I can recomend everything the only questionable was Geiranger area. The wievs are stunning but the ammount of turists ruin the place to some degree but at the same time the place it self is so buetyfull that it might be worth all the turistic issues.
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I found electrick problem in the electrick box in the engine compartment for some reason the nut had opened and the cable was lose. The big question is why now? the nut has newer been open during my time and I have driven the car already over 100tkm after the restoration and engine swap an a good bit also before that.
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

looks amazing. did you ever figure out why that wire came loose?
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Red Ryder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

Osku wrote:
I bought a Fiamma F45 S 300 cm to use on my van`s I have an slight issue with it ratling when driving on more bumpy roads. Does some one know how to remedy that it is mounted solidly on the car it is is the markise it self that seem to ratle.

Gotta think a third mounting bracket is needed for that length awning.

“Scarlett” — 1990 Vanagon Carat Wolfsburg Edition
Tornado Red
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
looks amazing. did you ever figure out why that wire came loose?

Yeas the nut throgh wich the main electics from the factory are connected had gone lose so all the cables under it where lose they sparked and the electrics whent on and of. For you Amerikans out there this is the Diesel electric sceme and the box is refered to glow reley box but there is other stuff there too. I suspect the problem might have manifestee as weak glow on the glow plugs if I had had the orginal motor but as I had an TDi on it there was a differerent set of electrics with the ECU taking care of that part but even that was shut of as the steering singnal came from the old electrics.
Wierd thing that the nut just losened wonder why several hundred thousand kilometrrs without touching it and now it gets lose.

I wonder maby I have to still test it with all the electricks on maby one of the cables is still some what thin with most of the strings already broke and heats up or something but then it should start to heat significantly by that trick and be figured out pretty quickly if not that then I´m clueless.
That with cabel heating causing issues I have had before on the ignition switch I wondered why the ignition switch went several times in a row and found out that the real perpetrator was that the main plus connector was slightly lose and the ignition switch got too hot and deformed I figured it out first when the cable connector also melted on the third switch. thightened the conector wifh pliers and changed the connector plastick and ignition switch for a new one and every thing stayed cool and working so something simililar might be at work here..
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I have been test assembling all and fitting everything from safariwindows to antennas and door seals on my spliti. The door seals that are on the market are realy bad. I have a couple ofsets fromdifferent manufacturers and all of them SUCK. I have got the side dor seal installed using the door side from one set and the car side from an other. One set was so bad thatI throw it imidiatelyinthe trash. So two and a half complet sets and one opening fitted. I would have made beter results by going to my lockal rubber company and bought everything there by the meeter(Feet if your that pervers).
By the way how should the rear hatch seal actually run around the hand resess?
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

I have been learning tinning on this car. I have tinned previouslybbut just small details now I decided to tinn most of the dents and weld seems mostly because the T1 is so thin sheet letal that I´m worried that if I would use filler on som of the dent they might crack as the body buckles justvby pushing it in the garage or when leaning on it so I want to keep the filler thin.

Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

From one project toa other I,m trying to find this door window channel seal. The problem is that I took it from the junkyard in Finland in 1990 and have no recolection from what car it came from. The seal fits a chanel with inner dimensions of 18.5mm deep and 17 mm wide. that is Standard 20x20x1.5 mm U-Chanel.
Does anybody know what car its from or where I could get sam atleast similar.

Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

Red Ryder wrote:
Gotta think a third mounting bracket is needed for that length awning.

Eyeball the gutter from back-to front.
The rain gutter is curved.
If all 3 mounts are the same - you need to space ~15mm outboard on the front and rear mounts.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

Yes your right I assumed it would be straight but a slight curve there is estimating and eyeballing 15mm a bit over a half inch in historic dimensions based on some kings tumb.
What comes to the seal I was looking true some pages witch gave me pictures of the window runner seal for the Crown vic and an other for the landrover defender rear sliding window. if some one has acces to one or both of those vehicles could you check how close they are in reality as those dimensions came from some indian or was it chines after manufacturers page so it was not the most theust worthy.

Osku
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Osku's Vans Reply with quote

One sugestion I got for possible seal was the suzuki Vitara Mk1 just do not find dimensions on that so if some one has one could you check if it is from that.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: