Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Blinker issue
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject: Blinker issue Reply with quote

Shocked Hello all ,and hope all is well.I own a 67 type 1 Bug.12 volt.So my blinkers use to work.But now only the left one(drivers) works.The other one ,right side,flashes very fast.I have the 9 pin flasher box.I changed it once with used one same issue.Also when I step on my brakes,the 9 pin box clicks. So I checked the fuse and it is good.And I checked for power to the right blinker in the rear.None,dead, Any help? Thx,theduck Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pops67Beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Blinker issue Reply with quote

Sounds like you may have a bad bulb or a poor ground on the side that blinks fast. Start by pulling the bulbs on the affected side, clean the contacts and check to be sure the bulbs are still good.

67 Beetle bought new, 95% stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Blinker issue Reply with quote

Back in the day a fast blinker meant a burnt bulb. I agree with pops

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
theduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Blinker issue Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello,and thx,for the replies.I did change the bulbs.And no luck.I used my continuity tester at the front and rear blinker.The front blinked had juice,but the rear didn't. So i also cleaned the ground screw on the rear.I will double check.And Cool get back to all.Thx,theduck
vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Blinker issue Reply with quote

There is a wiring diagram on the samba in the technical section. Find the connections and check for power.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Blinker issue Reply with quote

That 9-pin box needs to be grounded via the mounting flange/screw. Lack of that ground will often make the box click with the brakes.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: