Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake line clips
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnydot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Brake line clips Reply with quote

Can any one tell me what clips and how many are needed for the hard brake lines please? All I have found is part number 281611767 but no site states how many or if any other clip types are needed. Many thanks for reading
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

Johnny - I find that Etka or microfiche helps with that kind of thing.

http://www.michaelknappmann.de/bulli/michaelk/vw_bus_d/fiche/t200900.html

http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/EarlyBaywindow/EarlyBay-Main.html

http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/LateBaywindow/LateBay-Main.html
jonnydot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

Thanks mate I found it on page 050-00 #46 it does not state quantities though
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

Maybe give a call to Bus Depot. Their counter people are pretty helpful.
jonnydot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

will message them many thanks
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

Pretty sure you are asking about 211 611 795A.

There are 4 of them on a Bay Bus, that I know of. Not positive all years are the same. The parts books says there are 7 but I don't know where the other ones (above the 4) are located.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

I could not find the part number Scott lists in the fiche. The other number 281 611 767 comes up with an X under number, even in Etka so you may have to find a bus that has them to both match the style and count the number.
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Brake line clips Reply with quote

The part number comes from the VW Type 2 parts book. The book only covers '68 -'72 so it's not 100% complete for all Baywindow Bus but it's very reliable for the years it covers and quite useful for all years. I have a copy of this book but it's also available online.

The 281 number is a Vanagon part.

#48.

Images don't want to display, not sure why. If you click them they show up.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: