Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolkzBitz - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VolkzBitz
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 11, 2024
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

+1 for Tim. great guy, great service!

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wow!
I just received my newly serviced 30 PICT 1 carb back from VolkzBitz.

I am completely stunned at the quality of work that went into the rebuild.

From this, hideous, disgusting POS.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

To this work of art,

Just cannot say how happy I am with Tim's service.

We need a Hall of Fame for the restorers. Tim gets my vote!

Thank you for a Job Well Done Tim!

P.S.: The little gift in the box was a surprise! Thank you for that too.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
QC71bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hi, i was having problems adjusting my carb, tried a new carb, not german with no success.
Then reading about it, Tim's name came very often so i ordered 34 pict 3 for my stock 71 bus from him.
Well, when i got it, it took me 20 minutes to accomplish what i've been trying (and failing!) to do for the past 4 months!
Thanks Tim !
beanlover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sent Tim my OE 34-pict-3 carb from my '71 super...had a knock off carb on there from the PO and it just never ran right. Got the OE carb back all shiny and rebuilt...works great! After some normal adjustments from putting the rebuilt carb in place the car runs SO MUCH BETTER NOW!! Doesn't die when coming to a stop anymore...work is fantastic! Thanks Tim!
hjames575
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have been trying to get into contact with Tim from VolkzBitz for a little over a week. I have sent 2 or 3 emails and called the number on his web page a few times as well. does anyone here know of a better way to get in touch with him?
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

It show's he or someone looked at this page yesterday.
He's usually responds in a fair amount of time. I do know he's very busy. Conversely, he might be under the weather.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
VolkzBitz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sorry, I've just been so busy, especially with the holidays. Im a little behind with emails, but Im getting through them. Be assured if you did send an email I will get back to you.
Due to so many spam phone calls wasting my time, email is the best way to contact me.

Thank you for your understanding.
Much appreciated.
Tim

Der Vergaser Meister
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
timjames722
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Right from the start Tim answered my emails quickly and offered his advice.

When the time came to order a 34PICT3 Tim helped me out. I received my beautiful Solex in under a week. The quality and attention to detail is unreal.
Can't wait to put it on this weekend.

Thanks so much Tim. If you're looking for a carb, don't look anywhere else! Cool

What's the point in callin shots? This cue ain't straight in line.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

just received the rebuilt Solex today.
The craftsmanship is simply STUNNING!!
I highly, highly recommend Volksbitz!

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just had Tim do another carb for me. Top notch as always.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thejonesthree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got my PICT-34 Solex carburetor back from Tim last week and it looked amazing. Got it installed on my '73 KG yesterday and it ran better than it looked. Thanks a bunch Tim. Your craftsmanship is second to none. My mechanic, Howard, at Wagenwerx in the Philly area said he hadn't seen anything restored this nicely. He has already recommended Tim to two of his customers with carburetor issues. Thanks again, well worth the time and $. Best, Pete Jones
cajun_sun_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Replaced the Bocar 34pic3 on my wife's Sunbug w/ one of Tim's rebuilt German Solex's....... car fired up right away and the grin on my wife's face was well worth the cost of his outstanding workmanship. Thanks Tim!
Cool
#cajunhotrodder on insta
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hundel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had a chance to try the Solex 28 PICT carburetor Tim rebuilt for me at Volkbitz in my ‘59 Beetle this weekend.

Beautiful carburetor. Came very close to fully tuned on arrival. Structurally excellent without excessive lateral play in the throttle shaft. Very nice idle and performance. Did I mention the carburetor showed signs of expert and beautiful work?

In truth, I didn’t really need another carburetor but Ive never liked the lateral play that was always present in my Solex 28 PICT, and I didn’t like where my mixture screw ended up when fully tuned in my old one. Maybe I was being picky. But I can say this., I’ve owned the vehicle for 30 years running the same distributor, fuel pump and carburetor, but after a few test runs With the Volkbitz rebuilt Solex 28 PICT unit I can happily say that this rebuild by Volkbitz will be my permanent install with my original relegated to a spare.
59 Fjord Blue Beetle #2117358 Eng. #2447594
57 Diamond Green Sunroof #1286935 Eng. #1389420
90 Vanagon Westfalia Bordeaux 78k mi. and growing
Skivancan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Outstanding work! Purchased a restored German Solex 30pict-2 carb from Tim in May to replace my aftermarket Empi 30pict-2 carb. Just got to installing and tuning today (along with a restored distributor And fuel pump from bill@sparxwerks). Install went perfect, looks fantastic and only required very small adjustments to fine tune. The car runs like a dream. Big thumbs up, excellent vendor!
TimTucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received a beautiful 34 Pict-3 back from [email protected]. Bit faster than I anticipated. Lovely work. I'm excited to put on our '72 Convertible, but first I want to bring the ignition and intake closer to the carb's level of quality. For now it's still in its box&wrapper for safe&clean storage.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received my freshly rebuilt carb from Tim today. Tim dug through his cores and was able to find a correct 30Pict-2 with the "167" designation for Autostick equipped cars. This is my 2nd carb from Tim and it just doesn't get any better.
Thank you again Tim.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
patricia spencer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tim @ VolkzBitz is the BEST!!!...You get the best restoration and quality carburetor at a very reasonable price along with great service and communication. produces a great quality item. would highly recommend, received restored Solex 34PICT-3,with easy to follow instructions.my 67 Karmann Ghia has never run better.THANKS TIM!!!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

just got a rebuilt carb from Tim and it looks like a museum piece. Tim was able to source me the correct carb and let me know when he got it ready for shipping. Shipped super quick and very well packed. It will go on my Thing for next Spring!!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
platatomi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I must recommend Tim, he was responsive, did good work and got the carbs back to me faster than I could have expected.

Update -

No longer daily driver but still fixing things...
mg50 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VolkzBitz - [email protected] Reply with quote

Pretty amazing restoration of my carb. Here are before and after shots. Thanks Mr. Tim.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: