Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeep08jk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

does anyone ever try to run the claw<hold oil line> with a a-1 class 11 exhaust system. trying to see if room to have both. or looking for something to hold the oil line from the full-flow setup. if it make a difference 1 5/8 pipes and -10 lines
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

I have no idea what a claw is or what you are asking.

Can you post a better clear description of what you are seeking?

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:

Thanks Glenn.
A oil line support known as a "claw". Would have been a helpful description.
For us uneducated! Shocked

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Jeep08jk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:

am sure i posted for oil line sorry i do not include it attach to the number 4 exhaust port. i figure if you knew what it was and the exhaust system was you would knew if it work. it kind of a tight space in the area. maybe a little high-end for you
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

I've never used those type clamps and don't plan to. maybe they work just fine but I don't trust running rubber hoses through a piece of metal that's mated to the exhaust. that clamp has to have some serious heat transfer?
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

I've gotten out of my Baja Bug at night out in the desert or up in the mountains away from city lights after driving about an hour on at freeway speed to find a glow in the back from the header pipes for several inches out from the heads glowing orange. And you think it might be OK to hang your oil lines off those studs?

No thank you. Nor would I mount an oil cooler on one of those. They might be fine for a show car to keep things neat. But on a car that gets used...I don't think so.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KEGZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

But.. it’s “high-end”
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: the claw vs a1 class 11 exhaust Reply with quote

dustymojave wrote:
I've gotten out of my Baja Bug at night out in the desert or up in the mountains away from city lights after driving about an hour on at freeway speed to find a glow in the back from the header pipes for several inches out from the heads glowing orange. And you think it might be OK to hang your oil lines off those studs?

No thank you. Nor would I mount an oil cooler on one of those. They might be fine for a show car to keep things neat. But on a car that gets used...I don't think so.

I meant to write:
"Nor would I mount an oil FILTER on one of those."

There are brackets like those hose support brackets made to mount an oil filter on. I would not use one of those either.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: