Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dual Weber woes
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vw_bud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

Ok so I have a 72 this with an electronic fuel pump and for some reason the fuel pumps back out of the carbs after it sits the only way to start the car is with ether, and with the key on pump running there is no fuel going into the float bowls and the carbs are newer I dont think the needle valves are sticking
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

If your electric fuel pump is working correctly, it should fill the float bowls. The only thing stopping it is the float needle and seats.

It sounds like you need to check fuel pressure and take the tops off the Webers and have a look.
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the fuel pressure be set between 3 & 4 psi, ideally 3.5 with dual Webers using an electric fuel pump?
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=

Last edited by rbsurfguy on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

OP didn't specify the pump but assuming it is a Facet pump it will be perfect. He might have a feed issue to the pump or the pump has failed.
vw_bud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

Sorry to be vague on the pump I'm not sure what it is but the owner is having issues with starting it, he has to use ether everytime the car sat for 24 hrs
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

It must be leaking into the manifolds or on the ground. There is no way it can make it back into the tank, the float bowl inlets are above the fuel in the carbs.

I would suggest he lets it sit 24 hours and then pull the tops off the carbs and see if they are empty. Slim chance both carbs are leaking.
vw_bud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Dual Weber woes Reply with quote

That's the thing there isnt a leak and oil level is perfect and clean
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: