Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless Ghia bumpers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Craigbro wrote:
Ahh thanks. I didn't see that bubble on my cell. I had tried the emails and web form they had listed on their contact page. I see the Chat/WhatsApp shows Mon-Fri so will try that on Monday.
Thanks!

Hello sir

you can send email for me via [email protected] or my watsapp: +84909379913

I works for PTT bumper company more 12 years. And i can support infomation which you need.

THank you & best regards
Craigbro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

I've already ordered and received my bumpers from you Smile
Installed the first one this week and it fits and looks great...Thanks!

helen_nguyen wrote:
Craigbro wrote:
Ahh thanks. I didn't see that bubble on my cell. I had tried the emails and web form they had listed on their contact page. I see the Chat/WhatsApp shows Mon-Fri so will try that on Monday.
Thanks!

Hello sir

I works for PTT bumper company more 12 years. And i can support infomation which you need.

THank you & best regards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Craigbro wrote:
I've already ordered and received my bumpers from you Smile
Installed the first one this week and it fits and looks great...Thanks!

helen_nguyen wrote:
Craigbro wrote:
Thanks!

Hello sir

THank you & best regards

Really? very happy for that. Thank you very much
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Got a set of Euro bumpers from Amy and bumper automobile.com and the rear corner sections are so long they stick into the rear wheel wells. Looks ridiculous. Anyone else had this issue? Sorry, hard to wade through 42 pages.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Got a set of Euro bumpers from Amy and bumper automobile.com and the rear corner sections are so long they stick into the rear wheel wells. Looks ridiculous. Anyone else had this issue? Sorry, hard to wade through 42 pages.

Sounds like you got a set of the 66 and earlier bumpers, and your car is probably a 67-71. The shape of the lower rear fender changed in 67, which widened the wheel well opening, and the length of the rear bumper ends were shortened to accommodate this. They should have asked you if your car is 56-66 or 67-71.

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

I was very clear that my car was a 67. If that’s the case I’ll discuss with them but as it stands I’m asking to return them. Were there other differences?
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
I was very clear that my car was a 67. If that’s the case I’ll discuss with them but as it stands I’m asking to return them. Were there other differences?

70-71 bumpers had shorter towel bars to clear the rear reflectors and enlarged front turn signals.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Yes, 70/71 "Rear" bumpers had shorter towel bars, but the fronts were unchanged.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Were there other differences?

For pre-72,
US-spec bumpers fall into 3 categories: 66 and earlier, 67-69, and 70-71
Euro bumpers would be only 2 categories: 66 and earlier, and 67-71

Technically very early Lowlights had a one-piece bumper, but for the purposes of the repro bumpers, the above categories work

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Ms Amy do not work in my company.

Why dont you contact me? and Karmann Ghia have 3 kinds : 1956-1966, 1967-1969 and 1970-1971.

You have to know which year of your car to get right bumper.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Era Vulgaris wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

For pre-72,

Technically very early Lowlights had a one-piece bumper, but for the purposes of the repro bumpers, the above categories work

This supplier is saying the same years apply to both their EU and USA spec bumpers. This lady continues to claim I’m installing them incorrectly. When I bolt the bumper up, the bolt going through the body is bolted to the bumper and it’s protruding into the wheel well. Funny as she keeps insisting I’m installing them wrong yet cannot provide a single picture of her bumpers fitting properly in this area. All she will provide is a rear shot or pics of the front bumper.

Here’s a shot of how the bumpers fit.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The bolt is not in the right side but is in the left side. Vendor is trying to tell me I’m doing it wrong and wanting me to pay the shipping back to them.

Last edited by Sharp64 on Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

helen_nguyen wrote:
Ms Amy do not work in my company.

Why dont you contact me? and Karmann Ghia have 3 kinds : 1956-1966, 1967-1969 and 1970-1971.

You have to know which year of your car to get right bumper.

I’m fully aware of the year of my car.
YellowSplittie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Sharp64 wrote:
Era Vulgaris wrote:
Sharp64 wrote:

For pre-72,

This supplier is saying the same years apply to both their EU and USA spec bumpers. This lady continues to claim I’m installing them incorrectly. When I bolt the bumper up, the bolt going through the body is bolted to the bumper and it’s protruding into the wheel well. Funny as she keeps insisting I’m installing them wrong yet cannot provide a single picture of her bumpers fitting properly in this area. All she will provide is a rear shot or pics of the front bumper.

Here’s a shot of how the bumpers fit.

The bolt is not in the right side but is in the left side. Vendor is trying to tell me I’m doing it wrong and wanting me to pay the shipping back to them.

That's exactly what she wrote to me when I complained about the issue with the front bumper. She attempted to shame me that I didn't know how to install it when the issue was in the design of the overrider uprights.

During the time I was considering buying a set for my 65, I went round and round with them trying to get a straight answer about the length of the rear bumpers. I finally got them to send me a photo comparing the short to long versions they offer and ordered accordingly.
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Yes. Amy is trying to gaslight me and convince me that 56-69 are the “same shape” for the rear and only the 70-71 are different. But accoring to Amy, it’s my fault.

Last edited by Sharp64 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

This is bullshit and I suggest that people do not buy these or ANY bumpers that they sell until they get this right. There IS a difference and saying that Ms Amy does not work for the co. is a clear deflection and not tackling the issue that they sent you an inferior product or just the plain old wrong bumper as they have done many times before. It is very expensive to send these pieces of CRAP back to Viet Nam and that is why she puts it on you. JUST BAD BUSINESS! This is not a WORLD economy as some suggest. They are just too far away to make it work. Thats what they depend on. I suggest you write the American and South East Asia embassies to take on this case. When they get a letter from the South East Asia embassies........they will act FAST! Why should you even consider making their mistake right?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
This is bullshit and I suggest that people do not buy these or ANY bumpers that they sell until they get this right. There IS a difference and saying that Ms Amy does not work for the co. is a clear deflection and not tackling the issue that they sent you an inferior product or just the plain old wrong bumper as they have done many times before. It is very expensive to send these pieces of CRAP back to Viet Nam and that is why she puts it on you. JUST BAD BUSINESS! This is not a WORLD economy as some suggest. They are just too far away to make it work. Thats what they depend on. I suggest you write the American and South East Asia embassies to take on this case. When they get a letter from the South East Asia embassies........they will act FAST! Why should you even consider making their mistake right?

I dont think that bumperautomobile and Helen's company are the same. There seems to be 2-3 companies marketing parts from the same factory. I have contacted Helen to see if she would sell me just the correct corner pieces, since Amy doesnt seem to have clue, but I might also just dispute the charge with my bank and let the bumpers sit here until they decide to send me a prepaid shipping label or arrange for pickup.

Edit: Helen won’t just sell the corner pieces so guess I’m stuck shipping these back to Vietnam. Guess I’m sticking with my OG bumpers bumpers. What a pain.
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

I REMIND ONE MORE:

MS AMY FROM BUMPERAUTOMOBILE COMPANY DONT WORK IN MY COMPANY.

MY COMPANY IS PTT BUMPER COMPANY.

THANKS
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

My company have promotion to discouont on 10% off for all types bumpers such as Volkswagen, Volvo, Mercedes, Ford, BMW...etc

so if you are interested in, please contact me.

MERRRY CHRISMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
vw4life
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

Anyone have success with late bumpers? 72-74?

How did you pay? Was it credit card? The overseas thing has me a little concerned
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Ghia bumpers Reply with quote

vw4life wrote:
Anyone have success with late bumpers? 72-74?

How did you pay? Was it credit card? The overseas thing has me a little concerned

I have promotion to discount 10% for all bumper. and i accept paypal and bank transfer. you can send email for me if you need more infomation: [email protected]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: