Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject: Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone Reply with quote

My T2 camper is stuck near Carcassone thats the largest near town Ive been to a lot of garages none of which know anything about an aircooled vw.Worse the main vw dealers from Nimes to Perpignan have a clue about any vw older than 2015 they said
Worse the virus and macron have made finding a garage difficult

Built in 1971 The engine was changed from 1600cc to a 1972 flat 1700cc engine in 1974 otherwise nothings been changed std twin vw carbs
Earl Bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone Reply with quote

let's try this https://www.flat4ever.com/forums/annuaire-des-pros-vw/
not sure what 'near' means. Hope it helps
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone Reply with quote

If that does not help, contact Serial Kombi in ZA du Pruney (4 - 5 hours drive from you but in France) to see whom they sell parts to in your area.
Jalabert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone Reply with quote

Maybe put a shout on on VZi, I know Brian Burrows lives in France, he might have some contacts who can help.

'73 westy, 1700 type 4 with 34icts
1970bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone Reply with quote

Thanks i will try them.For now i rented a parking which i hope..in these strange times will be ok for a while.I had to pay for three month's
Shopping at Lidl i got a fuel leak,luckily it was where the line went into the carb. on the bend and there was enough pipe to cut the bad bit off...of course once a pipe is rotten the rest will follow..i have proper fuel line as the garage that changed the lines used their piping..which was air line..that was year and a half ago
I have changed one line but its a rotten job without a lift.
So im stuck Next ill see what a trailer or delivery cost is..if i can find one that's not only to get to a local garage
All the places i know are closed or closed permanently for retirement or just gave up leaving the workshop
I will make another post i just though i might get up towards Vienne dept 38..there was a good garage there auto passion i think at least he used to do a really good job not sure its still there or open

Built in 1971 The engine was changed from 1600cc to a 1972 flat 1700cc engine in 1974 otherwise nothings been changed std twin vw carbs
Earl Bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Is there an aircooled garage near Carcassone Reply with quote

If 38 is near, Vintageautohaus in Cuzorn is nearer.
Not cheap from what I've heard but they seem to know how it's done
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: